1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinists and Arminians agree

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by JamesL, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow...you peg him as a Legalist. Then you would consider all Old Schoolers and most Calvinists.....even Arminians as legalists. Now I know where you are going with this.

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I'm not the one who pegged him as a legalist. Did you see how many scriptures I posted which say plainly that a believer is not under the Law?

And did you see to what lengths he went, to try to justify his works righteousness?

Even to the point of teetering on a false accusation that I teach licentiousness. You know, Paul was charged of the same thing. Why? Because he taught that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness, to everyone who believes.

Willis even went to the point of employing the exact same "rebuttal" as Seventh Day Adventists, by asking the absurd question of how many laws are we free to break. Even after I told him more than once that he was confusing "against law" with "against righteousness"

It's really sad that many Calvinists accuse Arminians of teaching a works salvation. But let somebody come along and start quoting Paul's writings against law, and that Calvinist becomes the very works monger he railed against two minutes ago.

And it's so sad, how many arguments there are between Calvinists and Arminians, when they agree on so much, and are essentially saying the same thing - no works, no heaven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.