1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Campus Crusade for Christ": No more.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alive in Christ, Nov 13, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Realize that it IS campus they are eliminating - and crusade. ALL of the name is gone.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Including Christ :tonofbricks:

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I think there is another very good reason they changed there name, the word "crusade." Do you think it is helpful for the family in my church who works for CCC (CRU) in the middle east to keep mentioning that they are part of a "crusade"? I've thought they should change their name ever since I first heard of them back when I was in middle school.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when your friends are asked

"Cru? What IN THE WORLD is Cru? Is that short for something?"

What will they say?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's an organization that works with young people to further the kingdom of God.

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See there people go again misinterpreting what I am saying. I am saying using the Name of Jesus is a type of evangelization. And yes People are offended by the Title of Christ in Christmas which is why it is banned in many cities throughout this land. Using the title of Jesus name draws associations. That church that community is proclaiming their association to Jesus even before someone steps through its doors. Therefore when someone does step through its figurative doors they already know in some fashion the group is about Jesus. And what is wrong with that?

I think its good to be up front from the get go. Rather than obscur until the people walk through the door. Some might find that disingenuous. Not that it is.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if someone asks you straight up if "Cru" is short for something, you are going to refuse to tell them the truth that it's derived from "Crusade" or "Campus Crusade for Christ"?

8. milby

milby Member

"For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions." 2 Timothy 4:3 (ESV)

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Psalm 9:20, "Put them in fear, O Lord; Let the nations know that they are but men. Selah."

I do not know of anyone who carries the name around their neck "Christian". They are usually identified by a quality or descriptor.