1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a Person who doesnt believe Jesus is God, still be saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 30, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Hello and God Bless you all!

I apologize that I havent been as active, have been building the youtube channel. I have encouraged many different belief systems and cults in reality. I am now dealing with those who are in the Black Israelite Movement. There are many different variation of this group but this one in particular believes that Jesus wasnt God.

Also, speaking to many people who are Christians who say he was just the son and not God in the flesh.

I feel Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh and made this video to proove it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM-m8381ew

However, can a person who believes in God, but doesnt believe that Jesus was God in the flesh still be saved? Like if they believe he was only the son and had no part of God but was just working for God. I know its confusing... :tonofbricks:

2. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

It depends on their heart and if the error is out of ignorance or willful disobedience. New born Christians have lots of misconceptions. Like this guy:

Acts 18:24-29

24And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

26And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Simple answer...no.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That text is not saying what you are trying to make it say. Apollos was "mighty in the Scriptures"...he had the same faith as Abraham.

5. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

He was not knowledgeable in the new covenant, that is why he needed to be shown “more perfectly”. Are you saying that a child needs to fully grasp that Christ was God in order to be saved? Simple faith is all that is needed.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
    How can a person believe on Christ as Lord, if the Lord Christ is not God?
    How can a person believe on Christ as Saviour if Christ as Saviour is not God?

7. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

All I am saying is one does not need perfect doctrine to be saved.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I quite agree with on that point, but that wasn't the question being asked.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To the bolded...absolutely. Anything other than that belief is a non saving faith.

10. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

It's similar in that many people just want to be safe/saved, children are prime examples of this. Would Christ reject a child for not understanding the importance of His perfect blood? It's no different here, in fact none of us really understand how God and Christ can be the same and yet different, we believe it on faith.

11. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

You are not the judge on what is saving faith.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never made that claim. The Bible outlines what saving faith is. If you think its anything other than "needs to fully grasp that Christ was God in order to be saved" (knowing who Christ is and what He did)...you have a non saving faith.

13. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your faith is only as good as the Object you place it in. Our faith must be in the Jesus of the Bible - God in the flesh.

If you faith is in a Jesus who is not God, your faith is misplaced and you are still lost in your sins.

14. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

That's exactly what I think.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There's a George Bush who lives down the street. He is the son of George Bush.

If I sincerely believe that he is the President of the United States, does that make him so? No. It is a different person.

Believing that Jesus is not God means that someone is believing in a different Jesus. Not the Jesus of Scripture. They would not be saved, IMO.

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is God's Son and that we need to believe on Him to be saved. However, they do not believe that He is God. They are not saved.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jhn 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

Pretty clear.

17. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

Don't count on it.

I know without a doubt that Christ is God, I'm not convinced it must be known for salvation.

18. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

In that verse it is clear, but there are others where it is less clear.

Everyone knows John 3:16, some would dare say that if knowing just John 3:16, a person could be saved. Let's see what it says:

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#18 Martin Luther, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  19. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

One more point I would like to make, the fact that Christ being God is not mentioned once in the Romans road.

#19 Martin Luther, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  20. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Simple version without quoting a lot of scripture. The Bible says we must believe in the Christ of the Bible, God's only begotten. We must believe his doctrine (teachings). Christ said that he and his father were one. If you do not believe this then you must believe one of two things.

1. He lied
    2. He's nuts

I don't see how you can believe that he is savior and not God. To do so is changing scriture and the bible tells what happens to those who do. It's not really even close to being debatable.

I'm out of time, but will post more with verses