1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a Person who doesnt believe Jesus is God, still be saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 30, 2008.

1. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I think the debate has become "Is the OP referring to initial salvation or a long term belief". I took the OP to reference a long term denial of Christ Diety, such as JW or Mormon. You and Martin_Luther took it as initial salvation.

It is an interesting exercise to prove that a Christian must believe in the Diety of Christ to be saved via the scriptures. Can someone give me a good verse by verse example?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never said anything about the Trinity...that's not what the OP is about. If you do not believe Jesus is God, you are not saved. Period.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The book of John. It starts off telling the reader Jesus is God.

4. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Exactlly, everyone is getting different ideas about the OP. Hence the disagreements with people who believe the same thing.

5. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

That's half the argument, but what about the rest. What if someone says, "I believe in Jesus so the Bible says I'm saved." But yet they deny that Jesus is God.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's easy. If Jesus was only a man, then believing in him is no different than believing in me. Or Mohammed.

To deny Jesus, is to deny God.

7. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I totally agree with you, but can you give me scripture to back it up? For example if there was a verse that said, "Believe that Jesus Christ is God and you will be saved". Of course that is not a verse in the Bible, but can you put together a logical arrangement of verses that prove it to be true?

I'm just trying to sharpen my debating skills, so don't get upset with me or think I don't believe that Christ is God.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. billwald

billwald New Member

"God" is a general word for any old god. "Allah" is a more specific word in Arabic. Arab Christians pray to Allah.

The Jews lost track of the OT name for Allah. "YHWH" with arbitrary vowels plugged in is NOT a legit word.

10. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Also another very simple answer.....NO. You must believe in the Trinity. That's the principl behind Paul's Gospel. That is why the Jews turned their hearts away from Jesus Christ, they rejected him as the Messiah, as God in the flesh.:jesus: