1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a TRUE believer turn away from the faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jedi Knight, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I have been saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved if I faithfully remain in faith and obedience until the end. I have NOT seen my name written in the Lamb’s book of life, and I have not absolute knowledge of my final standing with God for I have not stood before Him and gave an account of every idle thought and deed done in the flesh. What I can do and should be doing is making certain I have a conscience void of offense ‘NOW’ in the ‘PRESENT’ towards God and man, and if I do these things via the help proffered me by the Holy Spirit I have a firm assurance I will be found in Him in the last day.

An assurance or confession of being saved today apart from a conscience void of offense before God and man at one and the same moment, is paramount to playing Russian roulette in regards to ones eternal destiny of ones soul.
    Ps 24:3 ¶ Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
    4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
    Ac 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have ALWAYS (especially at this very moment, present tense) a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I fully agree with you that, as believers, we will not continue in willful sin but we WILL sin. The difference between a believer and a non-believer is that a believer has the Holy Spirit to convict us of that sin and cause us to never want to do it again. Will we ever do that sin again? Probably but not absolutely. As we grow in Christ, we will turn more and more from sin and become more and more like Christ. When I was a young child, I could cheat easily. When I was first saved as a child, I continued to cheat at first but each time I did, I felt ill. Seriously. It affected my spirit and I did not want to do that again. I would repent and vow to not do it again. Did I never cheat again? Unfortunately no but each time I did it, it was so much more distasteful that eventually just the thought of it would make me sick. That is a result of the new life in me and the new heart. I no longer had a heart of stone that was oblivious to my sin but now had a heart of flesh that hurt when I disobeyed God and sinned.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As this thread is now past 30 pages it must be closed.
    Please feel free to open another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.