1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can anybody prove?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Chemnitz, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Frank

Frank New Member

Chem:
    Where in the Bible did God say No other person or tribe may touch or carry the ark. Is this expressly so stated? Is there a declarative statement that states Dan, Benjamin,Issachar,or m or the other tribes may not touch the ark or carry it. If you say,yes, Deut 10:8 does. Then, why can you not also see that Jeus meant he had commanded ALL things to be taught and observed. Thusly, prohibiting anything else. Mat. 28:18-20. In your last post you stated that it was expressly forbidden for any other tribe to carry the ark other than the Levites. Yet, I do not find the specific names of the tribes forbidden or individuals, either. Do you or do you not believe a declarative statement of an order of things precludes any alternative ? If not , why not?

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In reference to the original question... Was a visible church in mind when Jesus told Peter upon this Rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against?... Was he talking about a visible or triumphant church or both?... If he did set up a church it is still here but can only be traced by doctrine and those brethren over the ages of time that held to that doctrine. The Bible states there is false doctrine and that being so there must be true doctrine. There is a false church... There must be a true church. The RCC claim they are the true church but they are 400 years to late. The COC also make that claim but they are 1,800 years to late. JW's and Mormons can't make that claim because like the others they are also false and each and everyone one of these churches were set-up by mortal men.
    If you are looking for the true church it has to bear the apostolic stamp and have the same doctrine and anything less than that it doesn't qualify. Since Jesus Christ set it up and it was by his doctrine and authority true church history will prove nothing less. Find the church that has the Apostolic marks and you find the true church but beware there are many false ones!... Brother Glen :eek:

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Nu 18. " 18:1So the Lord said to Aaron, “You and your sons and your father's house with you shall bear iniquity connected with the sanctuary, and you and your sons with you shall bear iniquity connected with your priesthood. 2 And with you bring your brothers also, the tribe of Levi, the tribe of your father, that they may join you and minister to you while you and your sons with you are before the tent of the testimony. 3 They shall keep guard over you and over the whole tent, but shall not come near to the vessels of the sanctuary or to the altar lest they, and you, die. 4 They shall join you and keep guard over the tent of meeting for all the service of the tent, and no outsider shall come near you. 5 And you shall keep guard over the sanctuary and over the altar, that there may never again be wrath on the people of Israel. 6 And behold, I have taken your brothers the Levites from among the people of Israel. They are a gift to you, given to the Lord, to do the service of the tent of meeting. 7 And you and your sons with you shall guard your priesthood for all that concerns the altar and that is within the veil; and you shall serve. I give your priesthood as a gift, [1] and any outsider who comes near shall be put to death.”"

The ark is behind the curtain.

Ex 26:31-34"31 “And you shall make a veil of blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen. It shall be made with cherubim skillfully worked into it. 32 And you shall hang it on four pillars of acacia overlaid with gold, with hooks of gold, on four bases of silver. 33 And you shall hang the veil from the clasps, and bring the ark of the testimony in there within the veil. And the veil shall separate for you the Holy Place from the Most Holy. 34 You shall put the mercy seat on the ark of the testimony in the Most Holy Place. 35 And you shall set the table outside the veil, and the lampstand on the south side of the tabernacle opposite the table, and you shall put the table on the north side."

More points for me, try again. It was specifically forbidden for anybody not of Aaron's family who hadn't undergone purification to handle the items in the Most Holy place.

4. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Sounds good in theory but how do you do that?

How do you know that your interpretation of Scripture is the same as the first Christians?

For example : the Lord's Supper. How do you know what early Christians believed? If you say from the Bible, you are talking about your interpretation not history.

5. Frank

Frank New Member

CHEM:
    In the scriptures you posted, none of then use the names of Dan, Benjamin or Issachar in reference to the touching of the ark. If so,which one.
    Yet, you contend they were expressly forbidden. This is interesting.
    The same logical interpreatation of Mat. 28:18-20 forbids the use of creeds,yet the word is not specifically so used. Funny, you can see it in matters of the ark, but not in the words commanded all things to be taught and observed. All things is, well, all things. It eliminates anything else for then All things would not be all things. It would be some things and some commandments and some of the time. Mat. 28;18-20
    By the way, I agree God expressly forbids any other tribe from carrying the ark. Deut 10:8.And by the same logic of interpretation it forbids creeds also. Mat. 28:18-20. You are at least consistently inconsistent with hermeneutics.

6. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

You still haven't proven how Mt 28:18-20"18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in [2] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”" prohibits the use of creeds and confessions that are draw from scripture as a tool to help teach. All of the Hebrews but the sons of Aaron were forbidden, but this isn't even closely related. Don't complain about my hermeneutic I am not the one trying to link together two completely unrelated passages.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Where in the Great Commission does it talk about creeds??
    DHK

8. Frank

Frank New Member

dhk:
    The same place in the scriptures that says Dan, Benjamin and Issachar could not touch the ark.

9. Frank

Frank New Member

dhk:
    The same place in the scriptures that says Dan, Benjamin and Issachar could not touch the ark.

10. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chemnitz said:
    No where in my church do we say that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ are present with the bread and wine. The unleavened bread... which it must be is just that and during communion it represents or is symbolic of the broken body of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The wine must be wine and not grape juice and it is also symbolic or represents the shed blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We do not believe in the doctrine of transubstiantation and the Apostolic church never taught it. We are also known as foot washing Baptist... Our denominational name is Primitive Baptist... Brother Glen [​IMG]

11. Frank

Frank New Member

Chem:
    God requires mento act with his authority. He may not teach or act outside waht he has prescribed. The Bible teaches we must do all in the name of Christ. Col. 3:17.
    A pharmacist may not fill a prescription without the doctors authority. He may not change it in any way. If he does he has acted without the authority of the doctor who wrote the prescription.
    In writng the prescription thedocter does not write what may not be done. why?
    He has provide explicit instructions as to the prescription.
    Jesu provided explicit instructions to us in Mat. 28:18-20. He commanded all t be taught and observed. hewas explicit in his instructuions he did not have to use the word creed to prohibit it's use. The words commanded all to be taught and observed is specific, if you will prescription as to what is to be done. He did not and does not have to use the word creed, no more than he has to say you may not use hashish in the assembly or you may not use a statue of Mary to pray in the assembly,or you may not preach naked! He has specifically sated what he desires. This eliminates the general.
    God does not say using certain words for all thihngs not to be done. If he did. we wopuld never be able to lift the Bible much less read it.
    Finally, Deut. 10:8 prohibits anyone other than the levites form touching the ark. There is no verse that uses the word Dan, Benjmain,and Isachar may not touch the ark,however, the specific prescription prohibits them from doing so. Ther is no verse that uses the words you may not use creeds in matters of faith. However, again, he did not have to. He provided the specific instructions as to what we must do and teach. The failure to repect the principle of authority is deadly. Ask Nadab and Abihu. Lev. 10: 1-4. Ask Saul. I Samuel 15:22,23. Ask Moses. Numbers 20:10-12.Ask Jezebel. Rev.2:20. Ask The Nicolaitans. Ask The Pharisees. Mat. 23:1-11 vs. 33.Ask the False Teacher. Rev 20: 10.

12. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I will ask you the same question I have asked others. Where does it say that the body and blood are represented?

Also I don't believe in transubstiatation either. Technically they have labeled the Lutheran belief consubstiantation which means we believe that the body and blood are truely present in/with/under the bread and the wine. Which I believe to be the closest interpretation of what is in scripture related to communion.

I can honestly say I have learned a fair amount on this board. I had never heard of primitive baptists before coming here.

13. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I am not interested in your fallacies, I want hard evidence. The so called evidence you have provided in no way relates to the command to teach the disciples with a prohibition on creeds. The command to teach all that we have been told is not a prohibition against the use of creeds and confessions as tools for teaching. The OT reference you provided is a specific prohibition against touching the ark, but is in no related to mt 28. It isn't even a similar statement. It is time for you to admit you can't prove that the use of creeds and confessions that are draw from scripture and that are true to scripture are prohibited.

You are assuming that the use of creeds and confessions is a disregard of authority, you couldn't be more wrong. How many times do I have to tell you that in the confessional Lutheran church the Scriptures are the chief and final authority.

Tell me have you ever used a study-Bible or commentary? Or read any books related to preaching, teaching, or may have discussed anything Biblically related?

[ July 25, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Chemnitz ]

14. Frank

Frank New Member

Chem:
    As Isaid it is in the same scripture tha says Benjamin Dan, Isachar may not touch the ark. The proof was posted. If you read the Bible and the verses posted. However, You do not like the Bible as your authority, that is why you follow the teachings of Luther. Paul said n anyman think himself to be a prophet or spiritual let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. Could Luther say this. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. Luther was over a thousand years late with his teachings.
    Finally, to the rational mind it has been proven.
    You just deny the evidence and are irrational.

15. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Spoken like somebody truly ignorant of the truth. You obviously no nothing of Luther since you claim I do not like the Bible as an authority concidering one of three main tenants is Sola Scriptura - literally means by scripture alone. Which means our doctrine is drawn from scripture because it is our final authority. Now I am not going to sit around and let you spout off your ignorant insults. I told you to start studying the beliefs of the differing denominations before you criticize, because you are only going to get your head handed to you and your posts ignored. I do know Luther's teachings and from your post it is obvious you don't so here is a little free education.

Luther on the Bible.
    "Scripture is God's testimony concerning himself" (v10. 1018)
    "After all, no book, no teaching, or word is able to comfort in troubles, fear, misery, death, yea, in the midst of devils and in hell, except this book, which teaches us God's Word and in which God himself speaks with us as a man speaks with his friend" (v.9, 1788)
    "He who carefully reads and studies the Scriptures will consider nothing so trifling that it does not at least contribute to the improvement of his life and morals, since the Holy Spirit wanted to ahve it comitted to writing" (v.1, 794)
    "But the letters of God are to be read three times, seven times, yes, seventy times seven times, or to say even more, an infinite number of times, because they are divince wisdom, which cannot so easily be comprehended at fist glance. If, therefore, anyone reads Scripture casually, as well known and easy material, he is deceiving himself (v.1,1055)
    "We are to search, says He, not to sit in judgement; not to be masters, but pupils; not to inject our notions into Scripture, but get Christ's testimony out of it; and as long as Christ is not found aright in it, it is also not being searched aright" (9, 1819)

If we hated the authority of the Bible so much why would we require our pastors to learn greek and hebrew? Why would we read aloud passages in the Bible during worship service?

You know nothing about which you criticize.

And about 500 years earlier than your teachings.

I am still waiting for you to explain how a completely unrelated scripture passage is supposed to prove your point? You have not and cannot prove your point, because the evidence that is required to prove your point does not exist.

PS- you didn't answer my questions concerning commentaries, etc.

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chemnitz the scriptures state that it is symbolic or representative of the same. Unleavened bread is unleavened bread and wine is wine... neither body nor blood is in neither.

No we are a body of Baptist that very few have heard of and our doctrinal lineage goes farther back than any Baptist here. We can prove it by Church History but you probably wouldn't believe us anyway. You want to investigate the Primitive Baptist brethren feel free we have nothing to hide... btw after communion Christ set the example of foot washing which we still observe every communion service. You brethren continue your search... Mine has ended!... Brother Glen :D

[ July 26, 2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

17. Frank

Frank New Member

Chem:
    Let's see.
    1. Dan, Benjamin and Issachar were not mentioned in any text that they could not touch the ark. you claim it is expressly prohibited. How?

2.You say Mat. 28:18-20 does not prohibit the use of creeds. How?

In both cases the words Dan Benjamin and Issachar and creeds are NOT PRESENT.Yet, your reasoning is that on the first part they were expressly PROHIBITED. On the second part, you claim they are ALLOWED.
    Yet, in Mat. 28:18-20 ALL AUTHORITY IS CHRIST'S. Question: Where did he authorize creeds? Men are commanded to act only by the authority of Christ. Col. 3: 17.
    In verse 20 Jesus by the authortity given him by GOD,vs. 18, Mat. 17:5, Commanded ALL THINGS. Question: Where did he command the Lutheran creed.
    In verse 20, those made disciples were to observe ALL THINGS TAUGHT. Question: where was the Lutheran creed taught to be observed?

Question: If the Lutheran creed teaches exactly all things as Christ commanded by his authority, Why would I need to know the Lutheran creed? Why would anyone need to know it, study it, or follow it. Why not just follow the New Testament of Christ?

18. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I already listed the uses for creeds and confessions. Judging by the number of things that just you, yourself, have gotten wrong it is a good idea to have a frame work to work within, otherwise there is a risk of gross misinterpretation. Besides you should learn about it, otherwise when you criticize and continously look the fool such as you did earlier people take you less and less seriously and my opinion of your scholarship couldn't get much lower. So you can't afford to lose many more chips before I just ignore you for an annoying biteme (small insect for those unfamiliar) and thus eliminating any chance that I will take your posts into any serious concideration.

The verse forbidding anybody but the son's of Aaron is very specific it doesn't have to mention the specific tribes to be specific because it was specific in naming the levites.

The verses in Mt 28:16-20 are a command to go out and teach amongst other things. It, however, does not place any limits on how the teaching is done. So where is the proof that teaching does not include the use of creeds and confessions as helps. You still haven't answered my questions. "Tell me have you ever used a study-Bible or commentary? Or read any books related to preaching, teaching, or that may have discussed anything Biblically related?"

[ July 27, 2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Chemnitz ]

19. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Where did everybody go? :confused:

20. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess they were done talking with you since you couldn't put up a good defense!... Brother Glen [​IMG]