1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Bro J, May 24, 2005.

1. Bro J

Bro J New Member

I am looking for the sheet music for several songs that I have recently heard. It seems like the music doesn't exist. Everyone that I have contacted that sings these songs doesn't actually have music for them. They just hear them and sing them which is great if your pianist is able to play by ear, but none of ours can. The names of the songs are:

"It's Through the Blood"
    "The Last Blood"
    "Who Will Go to America"

If anyone has this music or knows how I might be able to get ahold of it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bro. J

2. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sheet music is usually hard to come by. Our group found we had to purchase entire artist books to get the 2-3 songs we wanted from them.

Who are the artists in these 3 instances? I'll search too ...

PJ

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Bro J

Bro J New Member

The only artist I know of is Victorious Valley Girls Home in SC. I think I know the names of two of the authors, but I have no way to get ahold of them.

It's through the Blood - Jeremy Simpson (NC)
    Who Will go to America - Brett Groves (Rock of Ages ministries)

6. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

You may be able to contact Crown College of the Bible Powell, Tn. for 'Who Will Go To Amercia. One of their tour groups sang the song on their last cd. Crown Publications this link takes you to the cd.

7. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing but dead ends here, Bro. J. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Perhaps Crown Publications can be a big help ...

PJ

8. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

The best way to find out if the sheet music to these songs are printed for public use is to contact Mrs. Susan McGill at Victorious Valley Homes (864-878-3070). When I heard the girls perform all of these songs last year at the Fire for the Future Conference, Mrs. McGill had a book of sheet music in front of her as she played piano.

9. Bro J

Bro J New Member

Thanks for the tip. Had I read this a day sooner I would have tried, but today I received an e-mail from the guy who wrote the song. I had been working on this angle, but thought it was a dead end. Now that you mention it, Crown Publications is an excellent source for music.

Bro J

10. Bro J

Bro J New Member

I had contacted Mrs. McGill by e-mail a month or so ago. She gave me a few names to work from, but I've not had much luck.

Thanks anyway,
    Bro J

11. kiwi

kiwi New Member

I just joined this site and saw this post. Just wanted to know if you had any luck in finding the sheet music for the songs you listed?

12. nailah783

nailah783 Member

You may have to go to the local Christian Bible Bookstore. I know that all of them that I have ever gone to usually has sheet music for gospel songs. You should be able to find them there.