1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can babies be saved without free will?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by whetstone, Mar 26, 2005.

1. here now

here now Member

But neither is it conclusive, because until one publicly confesses Jesus, no one knows you have faith in Jesus! The privacy of a womans womb doesn't satisfy "confessing Jesus before man". </font>[/QUOTE]Noone but GOD! He knows our very thoughts .

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    John confessed before man anyway but if you think that witnessing saves a person we have his witness, " Luke 1:44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy." In the only way the child knew.
    This is God bringing comfort to His Children at the sharp end.
    What has that to do with being saved?
    The only time my hand goes up in Church is when someone asks who wants tea. :cool:
    Got the Holy Spirit tied down to one place have you? Got Him tied up have you? :cool: You jest I take it?

...quickened is also a term that is used when an unborn baby moves noticeably in its mother's womb.
    The rebirth is a real birth. It can take all it's references, if that is the right word, from natural birth. The Arminian would have us believe that in the deciding to be born the baby is sovereign. :cool:

Not for you may be. :cool: But Elizabeth and Mary did not miss the significance of John's witness and the Holy Spirit was not confined.
    Luke 1:44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" 46 And Mary said:
    [Get that?]
    LK 1:46 And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48 for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me--holy is his name. 50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. 51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. 52 He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble. 53 He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty. 54 He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful 55 to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers."

That is the response that was evoke through John's witness of The Christ. And it is : :cool: : in my sight.
    I see nothing mundane in this meeting but I see Heaven on earth in this meeting.

johnp.

3. CubeX

CubeX New Member

here now, my apologies. I misread your statement.

-David

4. here now

here now Member

[​IMG]

5. billwald

billwald New Member

"Why do babies die if they are not reckoned sinners? Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Then why do adults die if they are not reckoned sinners? Same problem, same answer, whatever it is.

6. BrotherJoe

BrotherJoe New Member

The Bible makes it clear that EVERYONE is born again in the same manner-

"7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit .

9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?" (John 3:7-9)

Anyone who is ever born again is born again by the sovereign work of the Holy Ghost alone which worketh independently of any human means upon the heart of man. "26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you..." (EZE 36:26-27)

It is this message alone that not only is the only method of hope for God's grown up children, but also the only message that provides encouragement for us regarding babies dying in infancy and the mentally handicap (both of whom intellectually cannot grasp the gospel as preached by man.)

Brother Joe

7. rc

rc New Member

8. rc

rc New Member

Thier site is down right now so have patience...

9. billwald

billwald New Member

&gt;The Bible makes it clear that EVERYONE is born again in the same manner-

And the same passage make it clear that no one has any control over the process nor is the process necessarially detectable (because regeneration preceeds conversion.

God can "save" anyone he chooses. The theological problem is caused by sloppy writying in the NT, a failure to differentiate between the covenants and between physical and spiritual death.

"But neither is it conclusive, because until one publicly confesses Jesus, no one knows you have faith in Jesus!"

Big deal. God knows.