1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can God control Emotions and Feelings?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by wtrsju, Feb 28, 2005.

1. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

Is it possible for God to control others emotions? Say for instance you like a member of the opposite sex. Is it possible for God to change there heart and have them fall for you also? There are many other examples, but I feel this one gets to the point. Thank you and God bless.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Is God completely Sovereign?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

God has given each person the responsibility of self control.

4. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Temperance comes from fiery trials and "self-control" does define temperance, but only to a degree short of the Biblical meaning, God being the One working His character through the Holy Spirit bearing fruit as we are abiding in Christ, that "self-control" then would rob God of the glory only He deserves.

IOW, It's not me, it's HIM!!! His "control" brought about by the trying of my faith that is more precious than fine gold!

But to answer the question? I believe husbands are commanded to love their wives and not to be bitter against them, (multitudes of reasons God commands this ;) [​IMG] ), but the love a woman has in her heart is placed there by the Lord for that particular man, anything else is against the will of God, and yes, God is COMPLETELY Sovereign, but that still doesn't deny man his individual will.

5. Mommyperson

Mommyperson New Member

Do you mean by individual free will, it's LIMITED free will?

Hardships and trials that bring about correction for disobedience means, it's limited free will right?

I've never heard it phrased as individual will.
    :confused:

6. wtrsju

wtrsju New Member

Very interesting takes. Thanks for the insights.