1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can I Know I'm Going to Heaven When I Die?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Jan 22, 2011.

1. calvin

calvin New Member

oh, OK, got you my friend. as in adam all die, but in Christ, all are made alive. we can escape the entanglements of the world, but even, if our original sin is covered, we still have to confess future sins, and we must follow the law of love found in James. otherwise, we can lose it all. hope this helps. Peace :godisgood:

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

All right now if man is lost because of the tree in the garden show me some verse that says that we can be lost some other way? The law of Moses came with a promise and that promise was to bless the land and the people or curse them according if they obey, but it never offered salvation or caused one to lose their salvation. So again give me one verse that says in the day that you lie, or murder, or do homosexuality, or adultery you will surely die.

3. calvin

calvin New Member

ezekiel 18:20 comes to mind. also the last chapter of revelation. we can also point out Christ parable of the sheep and the goats. we an also point out, where Christ states that some would be given a portion with the heathen and the unbeliever at his coming....plenty of passages dealing with this my friend. Peace :flower:

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That Ezekiel passage is not telling them how to get saved. The law could not save anyone. it had no provision. That passage is dealing with their sinful lives and the punishment that they as a people will suffer in this life. That is what i have been trying to tell you. The law of Moses came with blessings and cursing for this life. it had no power to save. They other you mentioned i do not know what you are referring to. it is not a woks salvation however. it is by grace through faith.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

All I can say is "Thank God it is not a works based salvation else I'd not have a chance."

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

yes ann. We have no possible way to be with the Lord other then grace and Him keeping us saved.

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Humm Jesus said my sheep hear my voice....not dogs. Hebrews 6 needs to be taken with the rest of the context too.....see where it talks about blessings in there.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me and you both.

Methinks everybody else also.