1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Poppy bail out Dubya?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Galatian, Nov 13, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

2. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Can Poppy bail out Dubya?"

I didn't know he smoked or shot any of that stuff. If you've got proof, give it.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

For the good of our country I certainly hope so.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Thank you Barbarian, it was a good read. And, before we get attacked as "liberals," let me say that the article did not dump on President Bush but gave some honest evaluations and some well needed hope.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The article didn't even talk about his drug habit, or his alcohol problems. He freely admits he had a drinking problem, and he won't get any more specific about a coke habit than saying he hasn't snorted any since (date varies).

Personally, I find those less disturbing than his habit of using Poppy's influence to get out of legal scrapes.

And yes, it appears that his father was probably instrumental in dumping Rumsfeld, and is trying to help his son. I have to admit that this is good, and if it salvages the remainder of his term in office, it is a positive thing for all Americans, no matter what their political opinions.

It doesn't raise my opinion of Dubya much, but then, that went south shortly after he left the governor's office.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Perhaps, although I would argue that Rumsfeld himself had more to do with being dumped than anyone else.

I hope that GHWB can help the POTUS with the last two years. I don't think Gates was a good pick, but perhaps it will prove to be the right thing. At this point, anything is worth trying. Iraq is a quagmire with no realistic exit strategy in the forseeable future.

Regards,
    BiR

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I read the Bible dis many times;

"but several times over the past few years the 41st president has mentioned to visitors that the 43rd president has read the Bible in its entirety—not once, the father says, but twice, sticking two fingers in the air."

:laugh: :laugh:

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The source doesn't mention it.

It's just routine Bush hatred rearing it's ugly head.

Get used to it. Some Christians don't hesitate to spread evil gossip.

10. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

The short answer ..is yes

I hope he is sincere about his fathers help but ,who knows once the sunlight starts shining on the last 6 years will reveal but I would hope more grace than pay back will occur ..the only hide I would like to see put out to pasture is karl rove and a repudiation of his politics of fear mongering and division and an era of seeking the " Common Good" start...I know idealogues and extremist have already misrepresented that but I do believe the American people do want the "common good". Also the waste of our treasury should be investigated but I would not go for top tier in the White House but again the light may get really bright ...Americans want an accounting on corruption and cronyism in this age of stress on the middle class.

Iraq we must leave and leave Iraq with a plan and giving our soldiers a feeling of success in doing so.

bin laden must be done away with...then bush will be able to leave office a survivor and the American people feeling good about the office ..imparting some grace to bush.

I hope the son is sincere about this help and that its not another dog and pony show that he was known for the last 6 years...I think not...reality has bitten...he really does need to fire rove though...just another incremental step showing he is being mature in asking for help and taking it to heart.

truthfully what good is karl rove to him and to the country now...none!, put him in the rumsfeld waste basket as well the American people imho are ready for it.

do not feel sorry for rummy and rove they will do fine financially but then again if the sunshine gets so bright as shekinah they may not be able to avoid fines or prison.

Pray that bush is sincere about change and survival and actually listen to people in favor of the "common good"

I think our troops will be coming home soon! imho lets give them our support and understanding.

#10 ASLANSPAL, Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
  11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Alcott is the one who brought it up! Isn't he a Bush supporter?:BangHead:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct.

My mistake.:eek:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hate to see that happen. It's hard enough to get people to serve in the government as it is. If public servants are going to have to worry about being prosecuted over policy disagreements it will be even harder to get good, decent, honest folks to engage in public service.