1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can the Bible Still Guide America's Footsteps on the Narrow Path?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 12, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Yes - But prevented by separation of church and state

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still wondering how restoring a child to the care of his or her parents after treating them medically, feeding them, and giving them shelter until you can do so, is unChristian and uncaring. :BangHead:

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What you may want to try is policing your own fingers from writing such foolishness and then crying like a wounded dog just because it's pointed out.

I must admit this is new territory to have a fellow Christian threaten legal action against another Brother just because he's been called on his instigating and creation of lies just so that he can argue how virtuous he is.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop being so nasty.

It's uncalled for and unChristlike.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nice try. :wavey:

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Father, I ask that you give me the peace within to deal with the anger projected to me from this brother. I ask that you guide me to continue to show love and forgiveness toward him regardless of how he may feel toward me! Teach me to stand steadfast as a witness, according to Pauls words, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Thus sayeth the Lord, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers..." I ask this all in your name. Amen :praying::praying:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Anybody paying attention and without a politically based bias knows that there isn't nor has there ever been any anger towards a certain poster but righteous indignation at his attitude and actions towards and about others.

Even now, a prayer has been posted for public consumption to extol virtue and to give the impression that the high road is being taken.

Someone please explain to him that if there was any sincerity to the prayer, it could have been done in private.

Generally folks who don't mind you making a prayer public will ask for the prayers.

That "prayer" was clearly made with, in the words of the new generation, the intent to "throw some shade"[forgive me youngins if I used that incorrectly :laugh: ] while trying again to appear to do something else.

Alas, I'm used to the less than forthright things being done under the guise of Christianity.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus sayeth the Lord, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." Romans 2:1

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you.

9. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

1 Corinthians 6:1-20
    When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers,

Yup... You can't help but prove everything said about you accurate with your own words. Welcome to my ignore list.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

That would hold water if not for the fact that the administrators on this board are of the church. :rolleyes:

#90 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  11. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

So, you are suggesting that if he takes legal action against another forum member that the only people who would be associated with the legal action are the forum administrators? So, they are all judges and lawyers? You do know what a legal cease and desist order is and the resulting actions if it is not honored or disputed?

Or are you calling righteousdude2 a liar?

12. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It matters because Christians are commanded to be in this world but not of this world. There are the kingdoms of this world and then there is the Kingdom of God. None of the kingdoms of this world are allied with the Kingdom of God. Those who believe this lie should ask themselves who they are following, Jesus or America. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Who or what is the Lord of your life?

#92 FollowTheWay, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  13. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some seem to be having difficulty with: "bless them that curse you" and "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do".

God cannot forgive us until we forgive others.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fyi.....

I have gone to the body of leaders, on many occasions about this person's attitude toward myself and others, to no avail! Thus, I have biblical approval and legal authority to go forward with his refusal to "CEASE and DESIST!" Especially if the person in question continues to ignore my requests to tone it down and stay on topic and not attack the person but attack the topic and response.

Thanks for your input, but the truth is I have followed the Bible, and exhausted all avenues regarding this person!

I do believe in the laws that God has given to us to make sure that we have our rights protected. I have heard enough about the Bible not allowing legal actions, but the truth is, it does allow for it when other's avenues are not a remedy.

Overtures to this person have been made and slapped away! I will do what I have to do in order to protect my name. I think you'd do, likewise .... :type:

In case I am not on ignore, which I don't believe I am, let me say this :wavey:

#94 righteousdude2, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fyi

Sure you would agree with him ..... you and I have never seen eye to eye, and that is fine with me! However, don't dispute the sincerity of my prayer. I have prayed in the comment section of this board often, and it is not, as Obama would say, "For theater!"

If you are saying that we are not to "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...." out loud and in a public place, then we disagree in a serious way!

Do you ever pray out loud in public places? Did you do it for show? Have you ever stopped and prayed for another in need? And was that prayer not public? Did Jesus not pray in the public? And where does he instruct us not to pray publically!

This is a written forum so the only way I can express my requests to God is to type what's on my heart. If "Z" and you were here in the same place as me, I'd pray publically, rebuking you for your judgement and his outlandish treatment of fellow believers.

Tell me ITL, was Stephan wrong in acts 7, when he, " They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep."

Tell me ITL, was Jesus putting on a show in Matthew 26, when "Then Jesus *came with them to a place called (B)Gethsemane, and *said to His disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 And He took with Him (C)Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and distressed. 38 Then He *said to them, “(D)My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and (E)keep watch with Me.” 39 And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let (F)this cup pass from Me; (G)yet not as I will, but as You will.” 40 And He *came to the disciples and *found them sleeping, and *said to Peter, “So, you men could not (H)keep watch with Me for one hour? 41 (I)Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; (J)the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

42 He went away again a second time and prayed, saying, “My Father, if this (K)cannot pass away unless I drink it, (L)Your will be done.” 43 Again He came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. 44 And He left them again, and went away and prayed a third time, saying the same thing once more. 45 Then He *came to the disciples and *said to them, “[a]Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, (M)the hour is at hand and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Get up, let us be going; behold, the one who betrays Me is at hand!” ????

When David, and Joshua, rent their clothing and prayed out loud in front of the nation of Israel, was it doing it for show? And if you are so knowledgeable of the word, like you want us to believe, where does it say we should not pray in the public and within the ear reach of others?

How dare you even try to presume that what I wrote out as a prayer was not from my heart and a plea to God and this brother to a find peaceful co-exsistence between the two of us! As for the comments "Some seem to be having difficulty with: "bless them that curse you" and "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do" God cannot forgive us until we forgive others." I believe I hear what you are saying!ack in my face!

All the judgement on this board toward others is reprehensible to say the least! All the presumptions to know what is within anothers heart and soul and behind their actions is beyond reprehensible, it is a pure perversion of the kind of love we are commanded to show and have for one another. I am thankful that I do not have to cast the final judgement on those speaking in criticism!

BTW - ITL, I thought he was judgmental, but you are right up there, and I will say to you what the Bible says to those who judge the motives and actions of other believers, "Thus sayeth the Lord, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

You will, in fact, like this person, and others sitting in judgement, have to answer for what the sin nature within you has placed upon your lips and allowed to flow from your fingertips! You all need to think before you hit SEND! Shalom!

#95 righteousdude2, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  16. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does one argue with "I am so, so sorry?"

Jesus should not have forgiven us--but He did.

We should not be going to heaven--but we are.

We should not have everything we need--but we do.

We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

Now what?

Bro. James

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before you can apologize ....

You have to know what you did wrong....I cannot say I am sorry for giving an opinion and the other person tearing you apart?

So, you tell me what should I say, "I am sorry" for?

18. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guilty or not, "I'm sorry" stops the argument. It also allows the Holy Spirit to convince of sin, righteousness and judgment to come. This causes either repentance or rebellion. In either case, "I'm sorry" is appropriate.

Bro. James