1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Canada Trade Unions call for Israel Boycott

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ben W, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

This article may well be about Canadian Trade Unions, yet I have no doubt that given the opportunity, many nations trade unions would be into encouraging this.

What concerns me is why they highlight what Israel does, yet not what is done to Israel. It seems to me that their silence actually encourages the Terrorism of Suicide Bombings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADL blasts Canada's anti-Israel boycott
    By JPOST.COM STAFF

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) on Thursday labeled as "deplorable and offensive" a call by the Ontario branch of Canada's largest labor unions for a full range of anti-Israel boycott activity.

At its annual meeting on May 28, the Ontario chapter of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) unanimously passed a resolution to "support the international campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions" against Israel. The vote almost directly coincided with the passage on May 29 of an anti-Israel boycott resolution by an academic union in Britain.

"Once again, a labor union has voted to take the deplorable and offensive step of attempting to isolate and vilify the State of Israel while taking a strongly one-sided view of the conflict," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "While full of propagandistic hyperbole, the union's resolution makes no effort to reflect current realities on the ground in the region. There is no mention of Israel's unilateral redeployment from Gaza and proposed action in the West Bank, nor is there any recognition of the challenges posed by the terrorist group Hamas' reign over the Palestinian Authority and its refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist or to renounce terror."

http://snipurl.com/rbg4