1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Canceling Sunday Worship to do Good Deeds

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

To assemble within the four walls of one's local church to "worship (i.e., sing hymns/P&W songs [or a combination of both], collect the offerings of the members' tithes/donations, ramble through the announcements, listen to preaching-teaching, hold an invitation, then dismiss)" "upon the morning of the first day of the week" or not to .... THAT is the question!!

WOW....What a question!!

Call me ignorant, uninformed, or just a down-right heretic who needs to be summarily subjected to immediate and permanent excommunication for even thinking about thinking about the demonic possibility of deviating for what has to be graved in stone somewhere in the NT, but IMHO, I don't see why it per se is "of the devil" to consider the mere possibility of following the basic pattern set forth in Acts 2:46-47 wherein it states that "...they, continuing DAILY [not just on Sunday mornings!] with one accord in the temple, AND from house to house (i.e., NOT in a specific single building designed primarily to be a corporate congregational meeting house!) did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with ALL the people. And the Lord added to the church DAILY [not JUST after a dozen verses of "Just As I Am"!] such as should be saved." (Thus saith the "Authorized" KJV [!!] [Emphasis/commentary mine.]).

Having said (or quoted from God's Immutable, Inerrant and Infalible Word) that, I fail to see why, on occasion, it'd be an act of "high apostasy" to maybe (just maybe) do something as radical as to step out of our collective comfort zone(s) and, instead, become "the hands and feet" of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, IOW, to "get down and dirty" (three-piece suit AND ties, and all!) once in a while.

NOW, exactly what specific form/method one's local, autonomous congregation chooses to employ in order to "get down and dirty" for Jesus might be subject to scrunity, e.g., "Would Jesus REALLY (fill in the blank)??"; but, so long as it doesn't openly violate any specific NT doctrine, precept or teaching, I'd say....

GO FOR IT!!!

(Getting down off my soap box and back to cowering with great fear and trembling behind the last pew in the back, never to be seen or heard from again.....unless, that is, somebody wishes to "cast the first stone" at me again!!) :smilewinkgrin: