1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can't Stay in Hotels nor Eat Out?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jkdbuck76, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Karen said:
    Karen, I think if this were the case, they would have said so. The fact they were so unforthcoming and would not reveal their beliefs in this situation is a sign of being in a cultic group. There's no reason why they couldn't tell if they had valid reasons.

My vote is for a cultic type group - I think maybe Roger might be right. I've met a few of those, too. They don't like to explain their beliefs or why they live the way they do. They are extremely legalistic, to say the least.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to pay more for your motel room. If they rent them by the hour, turn them down. :saint:

Rob

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I visited Columbus, Ohio last week during the annual conference with Xenos Fellowship.

They encouraged us to room free of charge with their church members for the three day event.

Since the four of us had only a single vehicle, we turned down the offer but I made some friends and will probably do it next year when I visit with my wife.

Hospitality, a virtue of leadership.

Rob

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Good tip :thumbs: