1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carnality

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Truth Seeker, Jun 8, 2007.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no prohibition as such in this the Fundamentalist Forum. Others have a warning at the beginning of the forum, this one does not.

If such a discussion as this is inappropriate then the moderators will delete it I am sure.

However since the subject is so common amongst humanity, personally I believe it should (at least this thread) be allowed to remain.

My opinion of course.

HankD

2. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Since all the other threads say that things of this matter are to be discussed in the private forums, and this is not a private forum, whether it says it on this thread or not, you should respect that the mods want it in the private forums.

3. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

:thumbsup: I agree. Wondering why BB Rule 2 is being ignored.:rolleyes:

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief, people!! :BangHead:

I haven't seen anybody discuss their "sexual nature" on this thread. The discussion seems to about purity, discipleship of Christians, do Christians sin after they are saved, and the genuineness of repentance.

What on earth about this thread is offensive?

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yeah, it's not like we mentioned Harry Potter or anything. Whoops, too late.

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

A few weeks ago I posted this...

Because this was posted...

Not sure what happened to Truth Seeker, but I'll tell you why I claim there is an dishonest statement in his post. We do things because we love them more then not doing them.

When I pick my ice cream at the ice cream shop, I pick what I WANT over all the others there is to pick from. Sin is the very same way. We sin because we do see pleasure in that sin. Now we also may have guilt after we sin, but at the moment we make that choice, it is what we want to do the most, and this is why we chose to sin. It is our love for the moment. Man can not serve two masters. At that moment, we chose as our master sin over Gods way. To sin or not to sin is the choice. We chose sin, for at that moment we see something good in it to make us chose sin. Notice i did not say sin was good, but in us we see something to gain, to benifit, to enjoy, to make us choose sin.

This is why I disagree with Truth Seeker when he claims.."I have no pleasure in my sin". He does have pleasure in it, or he would not chose it.

The only way to over come sin is see something better to chose. One must see the good that is in God, in order not to sin. This will make our choice to do the right thing over sin, easier. The only way to find this goodness is with your eyes in the BOOK and your eyes off the world.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Howdy James,
    Long time no see, and a very good post. Hope all is well with you and yours.