1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carter and Clinton call for "New Baptist Covenant"

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by SBCPreacher, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Right whenever I* want to know what God is thinking I just shoot a note off to "slick Willy".

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you imagine the bickering that'll be going on over the wording of this "covenant"? They won't even be able to come up with an agreement over what "is" means!

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why all the concern? If it is just another group of liberal baptists why be all concerned about it? I for one welcome anyone other then Mohler, Land or Patterson, Draper or that nut 2nd Vice President out in California (to name just a few) speaking on behalf of fellow SBCers.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I read about that last night on the Baptist Press website...i almost couldn't control my laughter.
    Are they seriously promoting Slick Willie as a voice for a religious movement? :BangHead:
    How sad is that.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

A pretty disgusting political ploy.......

7. ABCJim

ABCJim New Member

Just heard where several of Carter's staff resigned because of "anti-semetic" issues in the his latest book...maybe he needs to focus on some other things?

#7 ABCJim, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

And you're saying that there wasn't any "bickering" over recent changes in the SBC Baptist Faith and Message? Nice little play on the word "is." Have anything substantial to say?

9. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Much less aggressive than the one Bush made for the radical right Christians in the last two elections.

10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I don't really know why Bush would have felt he needed to. The radical right (Christians or otherwise) tends to vote Republican anyway.

Frankly, I don't like it when anybody uses their faith as a political ploy. Unfortunately, politicians have been doing it for years, and it seems to work, so there's no reason to stop now.

A person who is really a good follower of Christ and taking their leadership role serious and as a blessing from God ought to be recongizable by their words and deeds, without having to come out directly and say, "hey, look at me...I'm a Christian."

One of the best compliments I have ever received was from a lady I used to work with. She started to work for a company I was already working for. After 3 days on the job, she walked over to my desk while passing by and said"You're a Christian, aren't you?" It caught me somewhat by surprise, and I said "Yes, why?" She told me, "I can tell in the way you act and talk that you're trying live a life adter Christ." That, folks, brought tears to my eyes. I didn't say that to make me look good. I said it because that made me feel like I was actually doing something right and at least trying to live the way God would want me to. It helps me to remember her words when I start feeling depressed or less than humble about myself.

It is a wonderful feeling to be told, you are doing something right, and there is something different, but good, about you.

I wish everyone could experience that. Then, maybe our politicians wouldn't be going around all the time to "court" religious people. I am courted to a man who is good, humble, and upright without having to say so.

I think Jimmy Carter was a wonderful man as President, and an even greater man since. Had I been around back then to vote, he very well may have gotten mine.

Unfortunately, I think he has taken a more party line approach to politics and ideas over the last several years.

It is my sincere hope that we never lose sight of who and what we are all for the sake of politics.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. He fooled me the first time, but not the second.:tonofbricks:

And never at all since then. Worst President ever. IMHO