1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics not accepted?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Fignar, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As soon as he started posting and identified himself as a Catholic he was told immediately why he could not post here. Thus there was no excuse for him to continue. However, even I, if I was refused application to such a board once, I would take the hint.
    Their doctrine is no different than that of another cult or another world religion. In fact in many ways it resembles Hinduism with its polytheism and its superstitious of water washing away sins.
    I was a Catholic for 20 years and never heard the gospel once. Not even once did I hear the gospel presented.
    They are deceived.

The message of the RCC sends people directly to Hell.
    Perhaps, maybe through a message on the TV, like a Billy Graham crusade or something. But the mass contains nothing that can save; only that which condemns.
    The Holy Spirit as it is preached through the Word saves. The Word of God is preached in most Baptist churches. That is the duty of a preacher. The Word of God is not preached in a Catholic Church. There are readings and that is all.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not according to several holier-than-thou's here. They think their local Baptist church is among the few that truly preach the Gospel.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Philippians 1:15-18 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That has been the most gracious thing you've said about Catholics even though it was Paul. I am of the same opinion as Paul.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That was in answer to John's comment about some Baptist churches.
    The gospel is not, and never was preached in Catholic churches.
    It preaches a message that sends people straight to Hell.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

So if a person can attest to having heard the Gospel during Mass, then I'm sure you'll just disgard that person's comments.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What do they hear?
    They hear a some "readings" from the Bible.
    One of them may be from the "Gospels," which isn't hearing the gospel, a point in which many people get confused. A priest doesn't even know what the gospel message is himself. How is he going to present it?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

So now you're assuming that a Catholic priest by definition will not know the Gospel. How sad for you to have such bitterness towards people.
    It's here where your own knowlege of Catholicism is displayed. If you truly were well versed in Catholicism, you will know that there is a reading from one of the gospels (Matt Mk, Lk, Jn) in every mass.

#148 Johnv, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
  9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I would assume the same thing about a Muslim. Why would a RCC priest be any different. Both are involved in a false religion.

10. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

the one who is deceptive in nature is the baptist board...why not in the registry information clearly state:

"Catholics are NOT allowed to participate and membership request will be denied"...

what's soooo hard about that...why wait until someone joins and is honest with the board that he's a Catholic and then tell him his kind isn't allowed here, when he never knew Catholics aren't allowed in the first place?

In XC
    -

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is the reason why he was denied in the first place.

12. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

because the BB isn't up front and honest in their application process?

In XC
    -

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you don't like the rules you can always leave.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Perhaps a moderator can explain. We have other Catholics here to are allowed, so I don't think it's categorically correct to say a Catholic is denied membership here based solely on their denominational affiliation. What is the official position?

That said, this is a private board. They can get rid of someong for whatever reason they like, or no reason at all. We're not entitled to an explanation.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Catholics that are here have been here have been here for some time.
    They are very few in number and are not very vocal. The ones that are the most vocal are those that were former Anglicans, or registered as Orthodox.
    The official position now is that no more applications will be accepted from Catholics.

16. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

that's AFTER they have registered and are members...the initial application says NOTHING about Catholics not being allowed to register...that's the issue...that's the deception...

so when a Christian registers and is approved only to have his account suspended solely b/c of his religious Christian affiliation...that's being deceptive...

In XC
    -

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Whether anyone agrees or not, I'm not sure why anyone has a problem with this position.

18. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

I for one don't have a problem with this position, but what i do have a problem with is not being up front and honest during the application proceedure that Roman Catholics are NOT allowed to register...

In XC
    -

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Agnus, this discussion is not up for debate. The rules are very clear. There are two spaces. One for denomination, and the other for church. At least one of those must indicate Baptist to be in a Baptist forum and, at least one of them must indicate a denomination. They were not written there for the interest of the registrant. To not fill the form out properly is deceit on the part of the applicant. A J.W. could put Christian. So could a Mormon, or any other cult (such as a Catholic). The rules are clear. Fill out the form properly. That is all that needs to be said.

This discussion is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.