1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CCM and Sensual Worship

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by DanielFive, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, yes. Now I see what you're saying.

I was speaking first of the outward form of Jewish devotions which is exactly like the gumnazo, but folks usually, by extension, tack on the more ecstatic elements when trying to justify ecstatic worship styles, through the Law e.g. "David danced...," "The Psalms tell us to dance...," "The prophets piped and sang...," etc.

I, therefore, answer with this verse.

I see what you're saying and its a good point. I believe Paul elsewhere speaks of these things of looking religious, but no real power to mortify the flesh. Just the opposite really, Col. 2:23. For people often have superstitious views of the ecstatic forms as well as the disciplined forms.

Now, please describe to me how the charismatic forms of worship are godly. Paul, in my verse, contrasts bodily exercise with godliness. So, if the free style, ecstatic forms are the alternative to bodly exercise, what, exactly, is godly about them?

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, I'm not trying to justify "ecstatic" really, or everything the charismatics do. But people think music is "sensual"/"of the flesh" if it so much as makes you tap your feet, let alone be danceable. I'm pointing out that the criticism of all pleasurable motion is wrong, not that all forms of pleasurable motion are right.