1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Champions League

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by J.A.B., Jan 31, 2005.

1. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Taylor Twellman,eh. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'm a season ticket holder to the Patriots, so I should be able to find the stadium. The tickets are actually fairly reasonably priced. Have you given up on the Eagles yet? You'll be much less depressed on Monday if you jump on the Patriots bandwagon, J.A.B. There's plenty of room, ha, ha. Take care, man.

2. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

o ya i still have hope i nthe eagles. believe it or not i have a friend at work who is irish who is a patriots fan. he lived in Mass for a year. so weve been going back and forth. dont know if you can imagine how much "American" football is hated here. people who see it for the first time say it is boring, way too much stop and go....

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

That's pretty cool that you work with a Patriots fan in Ireland! He sounds like a very wise man, ha, ha. I've heard that criticism before from Europeans about American football. You're right, though; it is hard to imagine people thinking football is boring. It's my favorite sport.
    Tom

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is where itis cultural again. Europeans think American football is boring because they don't understand it, the same reason many Americans think soccer is boring.

5. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

i can see where they are comin from, but me, if it has good contact then its a good sport. i dont even think rugby hits as hard as A football

6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

Well Irish try to compare American Football with rugby and in rugby you don't stop play. They think all the breaks in football make it boring.

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Yeah, I think not understanding the game is the main reason people don't like a particular sport. What is a little puzzling is that many American children play in soccer leagues, but do not become passionate about the sport when they become adults.
    Tom

8. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

That's interesting, because I think we like the breaks in football so we can see the replay of an awesome hit or a great pass. In football we get to enjoy each play twice. I suppose if the play was not so spectacular, then it would seem like a lot of extra time to wait for the next play.
    Tom