Chic Cartoon Tracts

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 16, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes I use these and what I have noticed (other than the zealous KJVO spirit) is the strong condemnation and crudeness of the sinner. I believe many of these tracts to be fire and brimstone "turn or burn" style and some of the tracts even get very graphic on the details. In one such tract a sinner gets speared in the chest with a tree and is screaming as he burns in the fire. Also the tracts seem to place a strong emphasis on the power of Satan and a low emphasis on the sovereignty of God. Reading the tracts I have to believe that Arminian theology runs through these tracts. However the only reason why I use them at times, is that they do confront and make sin a reality and do a good job of it. The authors are not afraid to speak the truth and to condemn false religions. Many other tracts are afraid to do this, or do so in a non confrontational style. If one can get over the zealous KJVO spirit and the Arminian theology, these tracts do a good job at confronting sin.

My overal rating for Chic Tracts is a 3/5 stars 75% = C

2. Winman

Winman
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

3 out of 5 is 60%.

And handing out tracts at all is "Arminian" as you believe your effort will result in people getting saved, you and God are working together in synergy.