1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ the Refugee

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Dec 9, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop calling me names.

#61 evangelist6589, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't trying to expound so much on eschatology as I was showing evan that Premillennialists do not believe that Christ rules.

They will say that hymns like Joy to the World are about a future millennium. That the kingdoms of this world are Satan's, not Christ's. That Satan rules, not Christ.

That's all that I was doing. Well, that and reproving an individual whose errors are grievous enough to render his eschatology moot.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got it....thanks

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Except that God said Israel's Boarder would extend to the River "IN" Egypt, Genesis 15:18...

Clearly, the Israelites didn't drive out their enemies...did they receive the fullness of the blessing? If they were totally faithful, would God have rewarded them with a larger territory?

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not one thing hath failed of all the good things which Jehovah your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, not one thing hath failed thereof. Josh 23:14

Is that not clear enough for you?

Besides, by no means is it certain that the Nile is the intent of the passage:

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/genesis/15-18.htm

And besides:

For how many soever be the promises of God, in him is the yea: wherefore also through him is the Amen, unto the glory of God through us. 2 Cor 1:20

The okiedokes that dogmatically insist that this political entity that goes by the name 'Israel' is unequivocally entitled to an imaginary block of land called 'Greater Israel' comprise the most dangerous cult in the world.

7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 17
    26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Is God Almighty not Sovereign? Does He not control the uprising of a nation? You think it is a coincidence that a sovereign nation has a name "Israel"? You REALLY think that is coincidental? Not only that, but it's borders are similar to that of the OT scriptures?

Don't mistake me, my Theology is Objective, but you cannot ignore what is right in front of our faces.

Also, KY...show me where this is regarding the promise to Abraham? You are making that connection, where is it in Scripture?

#67 JonShaff, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More attacks on me.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Thumbsup

10. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is that Verse referencing? Promises to Abraham? prove it my friend :)

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron prove it? You must be joking.

12. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry, did i say something that was disrespectful? Def not my intentions. I was simply saying prove from scripture what he was asserting. Please help me understand :)

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Christ fulfill the Law and Prophets, or did He not?

14. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a bit of a caricature of the beliefs of "pre-millennials." It is more like looking at Rome and asking, "Was God in control of Rome?" If you say no, then you would, by virtue of the argument presented, be denying the Sovereignty of God.

I am Pre-Millennial, and view God as Sovereign at all periods of earth history, but, I do not equate that with the clear teaching of the promised Theocracy that will exist when Christ returns. One is viewed in the Eternal, and the other in the physical/temporal.

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did, but not in the sense that He brought the Law and the Prophets to an absolute obsolete state. He did not murder people, for example, and fulfilled that to the highest degree in that He did not hate a brother without cause. He actually fulfilled in the sense that He brought them to their end, meaning to completion. Just as when a building is under construction, and is finished, that does not mean the building goes out of existence or is made obsolete. It could be in use long before being completed, but, it's full potential for why it was built is not available until it is finished.

All that the Law and the Prophets taught still maintain the intent they were given for.

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here is an example of how God deals with His "real estate:"

Mark 12
    King James Version (KJV)

12 And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country.

2 And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant, that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.

3 And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty.

4 And again he sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled.

5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.

6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.

9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.

10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

11 This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

The Lord has never lost possession of the earth, for it is His. No refugee status can be given the Son of God either prior or following the Ascension.

God bless.