1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ShotGunWillie, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    double post

#21 Gold Dragon, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If that is true, go ahead and show us how they contradict.

I agree with you that universalism is a wrong doctrine. I disagree with the concept that one must have 100% "correct doctrine" to have Christ reside in ones heart, which I see as a doctrine that adds to scripture.

#22 Gold Dragon, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Doubting Thomas is correct - see here. But also many Christians - including many evangelicals - over here do want Obama to win; a lot of people are fed up with Republican foreign policy over the last 8 years; we take one look at Sarah Palin and think "Gadzooks!" etc. Don't forget that abortion isn't a major party-political issue over here (you find politicians from left and right who are pro- and anti-); furthermore, as many see it here, it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference whether there's been a Republican or Democrat in the White House for the last 35 years - Roe-v-Wade is still there.

#23 Matt Black, Oct 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2008
  4. Matt Black

Site Supporter

You may be free of our control but we are not free from yours. You trumpet yourselves as 'Leaders of the Free World' (which I assume includes us), so the decision you make in a few days' time has a massive impact on us, like it or not. Therefore, whilst none of us over here have a vote in your General Election, we very much have a stake in its outcome.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

you are aware that unborn babies fall into the "least of these" categories, right?

6. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Can you tell me as a Christian how your worldview through your eyes matches up with Obama?

McCain is not the exact man I want for the job, but he does stand for those things that I and ALL Christians should stand for. Palin also stands for those things.

The Right to Life
    Against Homosexual Marriages
    Palin believes that there is one way to heaven, Obama believes, like Oprah that there are many avenues to heaven other than Christ.

If Obama is not a Muslim, he is a supporter of their religion, by action and financially. He has financed and assisted with the Muslims in Kenya, supporting the overthrowing of their current government which has lead to the death of thousands of Christians. He rubs elbows with those who hate the Jew, his actions show he shares a bond with them.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can now register to vote in Ohio and use a park bench as a home address.

That'll give you some say in our election.:thumbs:

OTOH if you don't vote, you deserve no say. Same applies to Americans.
    Both of you should just butt out.

8. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

We don't have to look into their hearts when they wear it on their shoulders....

One's salvation should be seen in their political views. They are more closely related than you think.

9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Whoa!!!! Someone is bitter about something....

I'm watching The Patriot with my son this week as an American History Lesson.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I can't vote in your election but, given that your foreign policy as the world's only superpower directly affects me and mine, I sure have the right to comment on it.
    Apples and oranges: Americans have the right to vote in your General Election; I don't
    I will when you do.:tongue3:

Shot Gun Willie, I'm not bitter so much as resigned and realistic. I hope I'm also mature enough to recognise that, to an extent, we Brits can't have it both ways: we can't expect you to bail us out in the 1940s and all through the Cold War and then want to totally kick you into touch when we don't like what you do. Nevertheless, I do feel that in the last 8 years we have been dragged into (albeit with the collaboration of our then Prime Minister) into two rather futile wars by the Bush Administration, the second one on very dubious moral and legal grounds. But neither can you guys have it both ways: you can't have your President effectively saying "I'm the leader of the free world" and then be surprised when the rest of the free world says "Well, I didn't vote for you!"

#30 Matt Black, Oct 30, 2008
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you need to find a convenient park bench or overpass somewhere in Ohio and get busy.

Otherwise you have no say and are just another complainer and whiner.

Want some cheese?

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I think we Brits have more reason to feel let down by the 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys' than you Americans do (recently finished reading Dunkirk by Maj-Gen Julian Thompson which gives the account of the events of May-June 1940 and how the French caved in and left us in the lurch with brutal and accurate detail). I still have a soft spot for them though; it's just they haven't been very good at soldiering since the days of Napoleon.

In what way is what I've said 'complaining and whining'? Does it really take some Islamist nutters to fly planes into your buildings for you to sit up and take notice of what the rest of the world thinks about you? I sincerely hope not!

#32 Matt Black, Oct 30, 2008
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really.

I couldn't care less what foreigners think about the leaders we elect or about us as a people. I just get tired of them thinking their opinion matters.

Their opinion is jaded by their wish to advance the interests of their own country and they really don't like a President that does for America what they want their leaders to do for them.

Complaining about things you can do absolutely nothing about is definitely whining.

14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Stop messing in our lives and we'll quit complaining. It's very simple.

PS The 9/11 Islamofascists didn't just complain; they did something. Is that what you really want?

15. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I have to agree the fro... I mean French are more used to showing their backs in war than the other way round. I mean the Great French were really only partly french like Charlemagne (germanic) or William the Conquror (norseman). Or even Cassivellaunos was a Celt. They're too much like the drink they are famous for....Wine.

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Isn't it ironic that the same countries which express this sentiment now, are the same ones the seek America's help in time of need?

Fact is, you should be thankful that the world's most powerful nation uses their power for good. No, we are not perfect and we have done some wrong at times, but stop and think if the only superpower were in the hands of one of the Islamic states or even Russia. And that's just looking at it from the governmental side. You also need to consider the private side - how American citizens provide billions and billions in charity here and all over the world. Bottom line, if America didn't exist as we know it today, this world would be much worse off.

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Perhaps Matt is unaware that a Judge in OH has made it legal for homeless people to list a park bench or overpass as their "address" and regster to vote in that state, so he's not grasping your meaning. Matt, the point is that since this judge took it upon himself to approve an non-address as an address he has opened up the entire election process to voter fraud. Even you, a citizen of the UK, could list an OH park bench as your address and register to vote in our elections.

#37 Bible-boy, Oct 30, 2008
  18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Pray tell, name one specific way that Americans are "messing in" the lives of Britains.

By the way...we've been asking our Congress to stop "messing in our lives" for years. They don't listen.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yea...I would be interested in hearing this one myself.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a leap.

Now you're being ridiculous.

And it is good to see that you now agree you're whining and complaining. If you want us to stop "messing in your lives" (this is really rich:laugh: ), elect leaders that will see that we do.

You don't have any say in our election.