1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ShotGunWillie, Oct 29, 2008.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thats a fact. I could care less what someone outside our country thinks about our internal politics. It would be like me keeping up with the royal family, totally insignificant to the United States.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Bush stated in public twice that there are more than one way to heaven. I'll bet you voted for him as a "Christian" candidate. Are you going to be fooled for the third tim,e in a row? Or do you really care and just blindly vote Republican?

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Do you have any interest in evangelism? By calling only Republican Christian and Democrats damned you automatically can forget about reaching half of the population. Is winning an election worth throwing away half of your Christian witness? I don't think so but you can determine that for yourself.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you quoted SGW in your post, I must believe that these comments from you refer to that post - is that correct??

If so, how in thunderation did you derive "your" analysis from "his" post????

If not, where did SGW say such as you have accused him of?

Seriously, your "OBAMA" glasses are really cramping your reading comprehension; you better get your prescription changed ASAP 'fore you reall screw something up.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sorry, but my ballot here in AL doesn't have George W. Bush on it.

Perhaps you're using an older ballot, or word hasn't gotten to you yet.

He can't run this year.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Here's his post. These comments refer specifically to this election but I've heard them since the formation of the "Christian" Right. How could you vote for a Democrat? Everyone who is a Christian votes Republican.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you tell me as a Christian how your worldview through your eyes matches up with Obama?

McCain is not the exact man I want for the job, but he does stand for those things that I and ALL Christians should stand for. Palin also stands for those things.

Comprendre?

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Did you vote for him twice as the "Christian" candidate?

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Well, then I suppose you don't support America sticking its nose (and soldiers) into the affairs of other countries affairs? Like Iraq for example.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

When Iraq invades another smaller country we should all care.

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm...except it doesn't quite work like that, does it? If I for example take a homeless hobo out for a three-course meal, that doesn't give me the right to subsequently kick him in the head next time I'm passing and then call him a whiner when he complains about my conduct or give him a lecture on how he should be grateful for the meal, does it?

11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Thanks for that; I'd managed to get the cheese reference (to the French) but not the park bench - I agree the latter is a disastrous recipe for electoral fraud, which is bad enough anywhere, but in a swing state? It'll make the hanging chads of Florida look like child's play in comparison...Don't worry, I'm not about to take up Carpro's invitation to participate in such a scam!

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Oh, for one, getting us involved in the quagmire of Iraq for spurious reasons (yes, I know our Prime Minister took the decision as far as the UK was concerned, but that decision was largely based on US 'intelligence' which turned out to be bogus).

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

We already did that - in 1991. Iraq didn't invade anywhere in 2003; we invaded Iraq.

14. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

And why did we invade Iraq?

15. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

The Iraq War was the choice of Republicans only, you can't speak on this subject.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh.... they broke the peace treaty we were under for 12 years. Check your facts.

17. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Why don't you answer my question or are you above explaining how your views and BHO's views align as a Christian?

I think there is a good portion of Democrats that are Dems in name only. There are a lot of good southern Democrats that vote that way just because their parents and their grandparents did. They don't dig into politics, they just check the box.

You on the other hand have dug into the beliefs of whom you support and you are still supporting him, do you have any interest in evangelism? Because by telling people you support Barack Obama as a Christian you have lost credibility. Just because others claim he is the Messiah, doesn't mean he really is. He could be the Mahdi (Muslim Messiah) or anti-christ.

18. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Care to site these claims or just make them up........

19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The stated reason was that Saddam had WMDs and was thus in breach of the UN Resolution requiring him to disarm. Turns out the WMD rumour was false, which leads me to strongly suspect that there were other motives at play. YMMV of course

20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I refer you to my reply given to the honourable gentleman (SGW) above.