1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Denominations and the Church

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 19, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A kind brother offered to mail some books for me in this category of church history or denominations however some of them looked too academic for my present reading tastes and so I wanted something more simple and or laymen level. But maybe I overlooked one of the books he mentioned.

I had eyeballed the book by Ron Rhodes called The Complete Guide to Christian Denominations: Understanding the History, Beliefs, and Differences as it looks for a simple read, and the charts, tables, an such make it far more interesting. I am just curious on improving my knowledge of the various denominations in christendom. Anyone have the book and what are its weaknesses? I noticed that the Alliance & Church of the Nazarene, and such are not in the book, or maybe they are just listed under Holiness Churches. But then again no book can cover every single denomination. I also do not understand why he thinks Catholic churches are Christian Churches when he very well knows their view on Justification. Neither do I understand why he thinks Adventist Churches are Christian churches when they are very works based and many think that one must have a good diet, and or never work on saturday for entrance into Heaven. What do you say?