1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Persecution in America

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 23, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reading the latest book by David Jeremiah and the chapter I am reading is on Christian Persecution in America. Many think that persecution must be physical, but this is not exactly accurate as this chapter explains. Reading some of the accounts in the book has fired me off that I wish to send off some emails to these government officials and employers that have persecuted christians. But then again I already tried that and my letters got ignored. I mean why don't they try and persecute an open air street preacher? But I wonder. Do you think that the government or counties will enforce laws in the future prohibiting evangelism on the streets of America? One worker tried to prevent me from passing out tracts at a city park, but I put pressure on him and refused to leave and so once he checked up on the laws he realized he was misinformed and I was welcome to pas out tracts and do evangelism. But I say persecution is here and it will only get worse.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many persecution threads have you started, John?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the OP needs to educate himself about real persecution and how Christians are suffering for Christ in other countries.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is more than one type of persecution.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. And being prohibited from passing out tracts is barely on the list, if at all.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan -
    I have a suggestion for you - and I am being very serious about this
    Do you really want to make an impact on politicians and other govt officials?

Then get involved in politics!!!
    Not saying you have to run for office in the next election.

Rather get involved with your political party in your town or county.
    Be willing to do what needs to be done. Eventually, you may end up in a leadership position
    in the party. By doing this - you will get to know these politicians and officials on a personal basis.

Along with this, contact a Christian radio station - many will broker time - and you could have a talk show on the air- In this position - again you will have better access to these politicians, especially if you are also in a political leadership position.
    AS I said - you would broker the time -(pay to be on the air.) Now, that doesn't mean it would have to come out of your pocket - there are different ways to work this.

I dont know if you have mentioned where you live (if you have, blame my short memory ) but it is possible, I may know of someone in your area, as I have lived in many States/Commonwealths.

You see, I have done both - I used to have a radio talk show on a 40,000 watt FM station. I have also been a town Chairman of my town political party - which in turn put me on the County Executive Board.

For more info, PM me.

Salty

PS - and yes, I have also ran for public office - State Assembly and City Council. What an Experience!!!

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Salty - He lives in Denver, CO.

Yes, there are many kinds of "persecutions" but true persecution is not at all what you are experiencing or what most people experience in this country. Read Fox's Book of Martyrs and you will get a better picture of what true persecution is and you will then be able to enjoy the freedoms we have and embrace the little road bumps we face as opposed to the absolute walls and cliffs others need to face in other countries. Did you know that Christianity is growing greatly in countries where there is true persecution? I had dinner last night with a number of missionaries and it's incredible thinking about what so many Christians are going through around the world and yet their hearts will not allow them to do anything but live for the Lord. Persecution definitely weeds out the players, that's for sure! But to say that having an official tell you that you can't hand out tracts in a public park is persecution is very much belittling those who have truly suffered persecution. They WISH all they had to deal with was a misinformed official who backed down quickly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not technically true.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Huh? So show me the list of persecutions where not being allowed to pass out tracts is on the list.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yet many of those would say that we here suffer worse, in the sense that we have grown lukewarm, as the attack upon Christianity is not straightup like they face, but more gradual, peer/culture pressure...

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that we will be experiencing the back lash from a culture that has basically push God aside/away, and wants to live out in flesh and sinful thoughts...

We will be facing really big pressure to conform to new cultural mandates, or else be signaled out as being hard hearted/old fashion...

Also think that time will come that pastors will be forced to decide what to preach/teach, as govt and culture will try to force them to be "politically correct"

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you feel that we aren't yet being persecuted, and feel that we will in the future, just realize that any conservative who votes 3rd party, writes in, or stays home, is one little raindrop added to the flood that will usher in the aforementioned persecution. (Afterall, no one raindrop feels responsible for the "flood"! Wasn't my fault; I was not involved!! :rolleyes::Frown)