1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian victory over google

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Robert J Hutton, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

Six months ago the Christian Institute in the UK wanted to place a pro life advert on google but were forbidden to do so despite the fact that pro killing adverts were allowed. The CI then commenced legal proceedings against google and this week won a victory when google backed down. You can get the full details by going into google and typing "Christian Institute".

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think it's a shame that Google determines what information we get from the Internet. I don't think any individuals should have this power and something needs to be done to insist they be unbiased. This is the equivalent to banning books from the library in my view.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google is a private company not funded or owned by the tax payers. They do and should have the right to put out whatever info that see fit.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

True, they do. But I would think we should demand a disclosure statement of some sort or can we categorize this with false advertisement since most people use them not knowing they are biased.

5. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

You have missed the point; under UK law a company is not allowed to discriminate. By accepting pro killing adverts and banning pro life adverts they broke the law. This is why they backed down when confronted with a threat of legal action.