1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christianity & Islam

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by popsthebuilder, Jul 23, 2015.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please divorce fiction from reality.
    The Christ of Mormonism is not the Christ of the Bible, no matter how sincerely and devoutly worshiped. One may be sincere, but sincerely wrong. Sincerity doesn't get a person to heaven.

According to Mormonism Christ is created; the Bible says He is the Creator.
    According to Mormonism Christ is one of many gods; The Bible proclaims Him as the Only God.
    According to Mormonism salvation is in the Mormon Church; The Bible teaches that salvation is only in Christ and His sacrifice on the cross.
    --The Mormon Christ is not the Christ of the Bible. He has been redefined. He is another god.
    They believe "another gospel."

Paul said:
    Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    --Twice Paul says that if someone should come and preach another gospel, or any other gospel, let him be accursed. Those are very strong words--not my words, but Paul's, inspired of the Holy Spirit.
    The Mormon's have another Gospel. The Bible condemns it.
    --They have another Christ, another gospel, another religion.

This is not being negative, but rather truthful. How can I say these things "in a positive light." There is nothing positive about their heresy.

How many Muslims have you had a chance to interview? Really, How much experience have you had? I have been a missionary to an Islamic nation and still am. I question them about their own faith. I have studied the Koran, and its history. It has little relevance to the Bible, and what references there are to the Bible are largely inaccurate. They believe that in the death of Christ, his disciples came and stole the body away; that Christ never rose from the dead.
    In another place Miriam, the sister of Aaron in the OT, is confused with Mary in the NT.
    While in jail, Joseph tried to convert two youths (Pharaoh's butler and baker) to "Islam" and away from idolatry.
    Is that really how the OT story goes?

Here is another story in the Koran. Tell me if you recognize it. (Sura 2:249)
    When King Saul of Israel marched forth with his forces, he said, "God will test you by a river. He who drinks of it shall not be of my band; but he who shall not taste of it, drinking a drink out of the hand excepted, shall be of my band."

Where is the above story found in the Bible? Some might think of the Book of Judges where a similar story is told about Gideon, but not King Saul. As I previously said, Mohammed was a camel driver and listened to such stories in various market places. It is understandable that he didn't always get the facts straight. It also points to the fact that the book, with its many mistakes is not inspired of God!

#241 DHK, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DHK is rough at times. I don't how he comes across on the board at times, but he is correct about Mormons. They are not Christian. They are a cult. They have been lead astray by those appearing as messengers of God. False prophets, in the spirit of the anti-christ have lead many astray.

3. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly! muhammed was a false prophet trying to tell stories he didn't know. I will have to add you King Saul story to my list in the future. Somehow, I didn't notice that one.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This person should have been banned after the first 3-4 posts. How did he make it to 156!

5. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No idea. I guess the admins wanted to see if he would repent

6. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Has he repented yet?

7. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that I know of. When he was banned he was still selling his Arian/Islam Hybrid religion. You have no place here if you deny Jesus is part of the self existant godhead. No place here if you claim Jesus is just one of many roads to the Father. To allow him to stay would have given him a platform to lead others astray.

They guy showed no signs of considering orthrodox Christian positions. He just kept asking us to consider his position. He wasn't open to considering his position was in error, despite acknowledging he had very little knowledge of the NT and had not even read it other than a few fragments.

The admins have him more than enough time.

*they(admins) most likely would have engaged in conversation through PM's, before banning him as well.

8. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

*****ATTENTION ADMINISTRATORS!!*****

*****PLEASE ACT ON THE PREVIOUS POST'S REQUEST IMMEDIATELY*****

******THE PERSON IN QUESTION HAS CONTINUALLY VIOLATED BB's POSTING RULES AND NEEDS TO BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY!******

9. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is banned

*OR just brought it up asking why it took so long to do.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk