1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christians Arrested in Britain for Distributing Pamphlets

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Sep 12, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/200609/INT20060912b.html

Christian Faces Trial Over Bible-Based Pamphlets
    By Patrick Goodenough
    CNSNews.com International Editor
    September 12, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - Evangelical Christians in Britain are concerned about the prosecution of a protester who was arrested at a homosexuality rally while disseminating leaflets quoting the biblical view about homosexuality.

Stephen Green, who heads a small but active lobby group called Christian Voice, is scheduled to appear before a Cardiff court on September 28, after pleading not guilty to a charge of "threatening, abusive or insulting behavior."

SNIP

Green was arrested after allegedly refusing to stop handing out pamphlets to people arriving at a "Mardi Gras" event in the Welsh capital.

The leaflets he was handing out were entitled "Same-sex love, same-sex sex: What does the Bible say?"

SNIP

Green was arrested by "Minorities Support Unit" of the South Wales Police. The force told London's Daily Mail that he had been arrested because of the content of the leaflets, not because he had behaved in an aggressive or violent manner.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is the world God so loved ?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yep.
    Mat 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

webdog,

I think you missed the point of pinoybaptist's post.

God does not love the evil world in this sense. He does not love the worldly behavior of any of His children who have joined themselves to the world.

Jesus tells us in John 17 that he does not pray for the world. He prays for His children which are in the world.

God does not love homosexuality or persecutions against His people.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christianity is going to be under more and more attack in these last days. This is simply one more of many.

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

...except that Green is a rather unpleasant character; another chap of whom I must say "Yes, I'm a Christian, but not like him". The police are still way out of line though and I hope he gets acquitted

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't believe I missed the point, and I stand by what I said. "For God so loved the WORLD...". To deny that, or twist the wording does a misjustice to Scripture.

8. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

It's not about twisting scripture. It's about rightly dividing the word of truth.

John 17:9
    I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

John 17 says he doesn't pray for the world, John 3 says he loves the world. Evidently, there must be more than one world spoken about in scripture.

God does not love the sin and wickedness of this world, and he does not love the "evil ones" which make up part of the whole Adamic world.

Anyhow, that is for another thread.

As far as this arrest in Britain goes, I don't know how their justice system works, or what their laws are regarding such things, but in the U.S., as of now, that would be protected speech.

People can criticize this country all they want, but we still have more freedoms here than many of the "liberal" countries who often attack us.

Hopefully, the law will be followed in this case. If, however, the law allows for this man to be prosecuted simply for preaching the truth about homosexuality, or even simply handing out a pamphlet condemning the lifestyle, then, imo, the law should be changed.