1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Church Conflict: I was called an arrogant Idiot, and to attend a Calvinist Church!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Here's my imaginary ten that says she stays right where she is.

Place your bets boys.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct.....and its the wifes biblical obligation to support the spiritual head of the household.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then they are not biblical.....they should be teaching her to support her husband as the spiritual leader of the family.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

A kingdom divided against itself can not stand....

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 5:22-33

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.[a] 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body. 31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed it may, indeed it may. Then I am headed to the local Calvinist church.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Not if they believe Calvinism is false doctrine. If he left the church to become a Buddist, would you tell her to follow him?

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

John (Evangelist) is not a five pointer, he does not hold to Limited Atonement if I remember correctly.

John, do you believe in Limited Atonement?

He is not the all fired up Calvinist you think he is. He just thinks he is.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the encouragement. Their doctrinal statement is so vague, it really left no room for disagreement on anything but the essentials of the faith. The church is shallow in their doctrine, and sadly almost never preaches hard on sin or controversial issues. My wife and they knew my position and where I stand on things. They accepted me as a member (the deacons meetings was a cinch) as they just asked on my agreement on the essentials of the faith.

I will not compromise my own beliefs, but I am wise not to get into detail on the DOG around here. I may at times leak into a Calvinist doctrine such as the doctrine of election and Total Depravity, which do not seem to be doctrines the church accepts, as most do not think theologically, but believe in a free will that man can redeem himself by his own will, which is semi-pelagainism.

Personally if I was shown the door I will head to the Calvinist church I have been meeting with the men once a week as I am more at home there anyways. However since the church does not seem to take much of a stand on their doctrine, but just want to remain basic I doubt that will happen.

And this leaks another serious problem. There are Catholics in the Church that have not left the church, and there is one SS teaches that holds some New Age views that continues to teach. I have challenged both these persons in gentleness and respect, but like most PostModernists it was impossible to reason with them.

But if what that brother said was true and that people have left the SS and church because of me (which I do not doubt as I have noticed the class has shrunk) its okay as doctrine does divide. The class has indeed shrunk since I have been there and many have come and gone.

#71 evangelist6589, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is a Fundamentalist and does not seem to want to fellowship with the local Calvinist church which is not Fundamentalist. Some Fundamentalist are Calvinist but none in this area.

The Calvinist church does not teach separation to the same viewpoint as the IFB.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Not to derail the thread, but this is nonsense. No Arminian, non-Cal, or semi-Pelagian believes a man can redeem himself. You need to be careful what you say.

Arminans, non-Cals, and semi-Pelagians believe that Jesus redeemed us, but we must receive this redemption of our own free will. That is very different from what you said.

Part of your problem is that you are always making comments like this about non-Cals. If you are going to make comments, at least be accurate.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't seem to take much of a stand on the issue. It was just this one brother whom told me that Calvinism = another gospel. I told him he is wrong.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

John, do you believe in Limited Atonement?

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

I agree with him, and I would bet that others do as well. Lots of folks remain quiet and do not like conflict.

I still would like to know if you believe in Limited Atonement, and do those Calvinists you meet with believe in Limited Atonement?

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. God died for the elect. However in the past I did not believe in this. But this is a tough doctrine so I may go back and forth on affirming it.

18. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You air out a lot of laundry about your church experience here. Why is that?

19. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelist, what is the purpose of this thread? Is this what Matthew 18 tells you to do?

You've asked for advice here many, many times, only to ignore the godly wisdom dished out to you. Let's be clear here:

1. You are in the wrong church, and you are doing that church a dis-service by staying and causing conflict.
    2. You are harming your marriage by not being the godly leader of your home.
    3. You've been called arrogant over and over and continue to whine about it. It's time to shut the mouth and open both ears WIDE. When people point out you're arrogant, time and again, there's a reason. Stop yapping, and try to figure out WHY you come across that way and ask God to help you fix it. Quit trying to convince everyone you're right and ask God to show you where you're wrong.

Sorry to be so blunt, but as your big sis in Christ, it's time somebody told you to grow up. The subtle hints didn't work.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

That surely was NOT subtle... :smilewinkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.