1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Discount Software

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Feb 20, 2004.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

There is someone on this forum that knows some contacts for obtaining Microsoft Software at a discount for Church Use.

I have lost the information...

I would like to get 'serious' about pursuing this lead.

Thanks

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I looked into last time it came up on here. I didn't think it was that good of a deal. You do get a discount, but it is on a yearly license that you have to keep renewing. You are better off buying it outright and using it. I am still using Office 97 though my Word is 2002 since I got the WorksSuite when I bought my laptop.

I just didn't think it was worth it ...

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Thanks...

My big problem right now is I need a non-work related copy of either Visual Basic 6 or Visual Studio 6 so I can finish a Church Management System I am working on.

Right now I have a work related license and am doing the development as time permits.

But, I am concerned that I will not be able to distribute the application, even for free, if I don't have my own stand alone license.

Especially when I leave my current job.

Everyone is pushing .NET and it seems that there ought to be a few copies of VB6 or VS6 for us charitable organization supporters...

Yeah... Owning it outright is by far the best. Especially when MS wants to foist a new version on you every six months...

I am **still** trying to figure out how to get rid of all the 'new' features in OfficeXP...

Doesn't do much good to go to school and learn how to think clearly if the software tries to do all the thinking for you!!!!

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I work on the software licensing desk at Insight. We are a LAR for Microsoft. It is not an annual contract unless you purchase their upgrade insurance product... 1-800-Insight ask for the non-profit/ charity team. ext 6406 is Inez... She rocks

5. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have been more than happy with our software obtained through licensing for nonprofit/charitable organizations.

We got $1500.00 worth of Software for $335.00. I can't imagine getting a better deal.

6. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

The charity software is typically the same software you would get with any other licensing progams with any of the manufacturers I have dealt with.

If anyone has told you anything different Pastor Larry, then speak to the manufacturer because that particular reseller needs training on that manufacturer's program.