1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church Insurance

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any of you guys insure your buildings with Church Mutual?

We have been with them for over 20 years. They are dropping us and, as I have found out, dropping most of the churches in Florida. We have had 1 claim settled by them in these years for under $800. We are currently looking for new insurance, which I am sure will be much more expensive.

Who do you all use?

2. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Church Mutual

That is interesting, why are they dropping you? I have Church Mutual and one of the reasons that I chose them was because they seem to take any church no matter the shape. In my research, I did not find where they simply dropped churches, which was very important to me. My research, it seems, was incomplete.

I would be very interested to know why they are dropping your church.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The are dropping churches in florida because of the hurricanes. They told us that they were dropping us because of "closeness to the ocean, type of buildings "

If you are not close to the ocean, you probably won't have a problem. We are about 5 miles from the gulf of mexico. But have never sustained any damage from any hurricane. btw, we are 98 years old, so we have some track record to go by.

In the end, even though they market to churches, they are in the business to make money and not as a ministry.