1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CIA Inspector: Agents Lied About 2001 Missionary Shoot-Down in Peru

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CIA personnel lied to Congress in April 2001 about a missionary plane shot down in Peru that killed a woman and her 7-month-old daughter, the CIA inspector general revealed in a report being released by California Rep. Pete Hoekstra on Thursday.

More Here

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

If this is the incident I think it is.... it was indeed very sad/tragic. I think the couple were from this part of Florida. Whether or not... I hope the whole truth comes out. It is true that people make mistakes of judgement: But as difficult as it may be to confront the truth if and when terrible mistakes are made.... it is a lot easier to get past the tragedy and to keep trust when folks are candid and accountable in telling what really happened..... then not only is forgiveness possible, but also it fortifies our hope that governments and agencies are transparent and that no malicious intention exists against the good of our people.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Truth, it would not have made the papers if only locals had been killed.

Noam Chomsky documents 50 years of black ops foreign policy in his latest book.