1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cindy Sheehan has fantasized about killing "an infant" George W. Bush,

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Oh, but you forgot the most telling quote of all. It was contained in an interview entitled "Ann Coulter 2005." In this article, she said that she liked wishing people "Merry Christmas" in New York, and said that it was the same as saying something so vile that I cannot reproduce it in this forum, nor will I provide a link to it.

Despite all of these quotes that you and I have produced, I actually had someone at church tell me that Ann Coulter was a Christian, refusing to believe anything I showed them.

Wow.....

Regards to you - hope all is well with you and yours,
    BiR

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Funny you use that false accusation against me. I am one of the most anti-big government people you can ever meet. However I do believe if someone, like Sheehan, threatens the president in anyway that should be taken seriously.

==The Bill of Rights does not, in anyway, protect threats.

==Dream on. Anyway what we are talking about here are words not dreams or thoughts. Let's keep our facts straight.

==Once again, and lets try to keep our facts straight, we are not talking about questioning or arresting anyone for a thought or dream. Again lets keep our facts straight.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Galatian go ahead and call the President at the whitehouse and threaten his life. Let us see how far your bill of rights takes you.

See you in about 25 years.:thumbsup:

4. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian observes:
    That explains, it. In "1984", the man threatened Big Brother when his daughter told police that he had dreamed against him. Crimethink, but only if you don't keep it secret. I get it.

Your denial and your opinions seem at odds here. You seem to be defending the president responsible for the largest increase in government and federal power since FDR.

What steps are to be involved in "taking her dream seriously?"

Barbarian observes:
    for those wondering, dreaming about harming someone, and even mentioning that you did dream about it, is not a crime. The hold-up seems to be the Bill of Rights, but Bush has endorsed a plan to limit the ability of courts to provide due process.

It does, however, protect anyone who publicly discusses their dreams.

Barbarian observes:
    "Crimethink" wouldn't be an issue if it was any other president.

[quoteAnyway what we are talking about here are words not dreams or thoughts.[/quote]

Er, yes we are Sheehan was discussing a dream she had.

Barbarian observes:
    "Shouldn't" and "can't" are two different things. We shouldn't be talking about arresting and questioning someone for dreaming something unapproved. In fact, if you have your way, it would be possible to arrest you for sedition for suggesting that we do it.

Hmm... let's take a look...

In the thread, earlier:
    I hope the Secret Service (etc) knocks on her door for this. Maybe a few nights in federal prison would do her good.

Yes, it turns out we are. Even worse than that. "Crimethink" is a very serious offense against Big Brother.

Better luck next time.