1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clarence Larkin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Robert Snow, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I have 2 works by brother Clarence Larkin...

"The 2nd Coming of Christ"

and...

"Rightly Dividing the Word"

Both are just excellant, and his charts are absolutely wonderfull. It seems that I read somewhere that he was so good at creating charts because he was a draftsman. (unless I am thinking of someone else who had superb charts)

I'd love to pick up "Dispensational Truth" if I come across it sometime.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

My son gave me Sword Searcher bible software for Christmas and it has Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin on it along with all of his charts. I love those drawings.

3. olegig

olegig New Member

try this link: http://www.larkinestate.com/

also God's Prophetic Plan Chart By: Tim LaHaye is almost a carbon copy of Larkin's book

#23 olegig, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  4. olegig

olegig New Member

OldRegular, good morning.....

When I said I was a simple Bible Believing Christian, I meant I did not know what you meant with all those terms you were using.
    Since none of them are Biblical, there can be no Biblical definition, only the definition of man, and many times each man has his own definition since there is no final authority.

But on the other hand terms like tribulation, Great Tribulation, Millennial Reign, the Throne of David, Judgement Seat of Christ, Judgement of Nations, Great White Throne Judgement, catching out, etc....are all Biblical terms that a simple man can learn by only reading the Bible.

I haven't spent much time studying theologies created by man like Catholicism and Calvinism; although I am interested in the thoughts of those folks who follow these.

Hope that helps your understanding. :tonofbricks:

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Let's see

1. The word, "tribulation", is in the Bible!

2. The term, great tribulation, is in the Bible but not "Great Tribulation"!

3. The term, "Millennial Reign", is not in the Bible!.

4. The phrase, throne of David, is in the Old Testament but "Throne of David" is not in the Bible.

5. The phrase, judgment seat of Christ, is is in the Bible but "Judgement Seat of Christ" is not.

6. The phrase, "Judgement of Nations", is not in the Bible.

7. The term, "Great White Throne Judgement", is not found in the Bible, neither is Great White Throne Judgment but great white throne is!

8. The term, "catching out", is not in the Bible!

So you see you have latched on to terms not in the Bible and I am sure you have your dispensational meaning, or is it hyper dispensational meaning, for each of them.:smilewinkgrin::laugh::laugh:

6. olegig

olegig New Member

OldRegular,

So you see you have latched on to terms not in the Bible and I am sure you have your dispensational meaning, or is it hyper dispensational meaning, for each of them.

At least when I questioned the terms you use, I gave you a chance to define them so I would know exactly to what you were referring.

Do you have enough Christian love to offer the same?

I am sorry you don't have a concept of those terms, they are commonly used. If you would but list the terms you are unclear of, I would be glad to point you to their meaning.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

"Interesting reading" for sure!