1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clinton to offer health care plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Sep 17, 2007.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Wait until you lose your health care insurance like 50 million Americans. Then get back to us.

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I have no health insurance. By choice, actually. I've been offered it numerous times and would simply rather role the dice and blow my money on frivolous entertainment. I figure it's my body after all. Also, I smoke, don't exercise, and eat whatever I please. The sad part about universal health care is that responsible people will be forced to insure the incessantly irrerosponsible. Namely, me.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is running that will bring it to pass.

We may end up with some sort of expensive hybrid coverage, but we won't end up with the mandatory "choice" plan Clinton is offering, nor any other "universal single payer" healthcare system.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't the plan that Mitt Romney got passed in Massachusetts similar?

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Partner I went the last three years without insurance. Please do not make assumptions you have no basis for.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

So they were sayiing. I would be less criticle of it being handled at the state level.

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

This move on her part just may give the GOP enough to fight her. They probably won't go after her integrity, (which is very base) as she will theirs.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

She sure been working at it long enough, didn't start this when her hubby was in office?

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

My brother hasn't had health care insurance for the last 12 years and has had one major operation, one moderate operation, been hospitalized 3 other times and has to take 5 medications. he's 58 years old and has 3 Masters degrees including a MDIV and pastored a church in an urban area for 7 years which paid him almost nothing. TELL ME YOUR STORY.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

ummm... I do not have a story. I am not looking to the government or actually the other tax payers to be forced to subsidize my health care. I am not making a comparison ith you or anyone else. I just responded to your false and unfounded assumption.:BangHead:

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And why is it that the Democrats are going to win next year despite their bankrupt policies? It is called inept and dishonest leadership by the Republicans. They deserve to be thrashed at the polls, if not for the pathetic alternative. If you want to individualize who elected the 2nd Clinton, it was Mr Foley, Mr Craig, Mr Vitter, Mr Cheney, Mr Bush, and Mr Gonzales, to name a few.

Now, the Republican party is reduced to such a shell, that a pro abortionist is the front runner.

This is all I got to say to those of you who defended Bush and the Republican congress through liberal decision after liberal after immoral decision, you got (or are going to get) exactly what you asked for. Congratulations.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe you can be the first patient.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's no need to fear! Fred Thompson is here!

and

"Here I come to save the day!"

That means that Fred Thompson is on the way!

Let's see how many old codgers like me are on this board who remember where I got those two sayings from. :)

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That would be Mighty Mouse, and I am not that old. Oh, the other one, Underdog.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :)

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Beat me to it.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

These posts are quite entertaining while at this two weeks of training for the 4th time this year. No place like home.

18. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Are you suggesting that I defend the President?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would never suggest defending him after the track record. At this point, it really does not matter. The time is short and the damage is done.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cato Scholar Comments on Hillary Clinton's Health Plan

Monday 17 September 2007

Michael D. Tanner, director of health and welfare studies:
    Here we go again. HillaryCare is back, and its apparent that Sen. Clinton has learned little since the American people overwhelmingly rejected her last attempt to overhaul the U.S. health care system. Once again her plan, which would cost $110 billion per year in new taxes, calls for greater government control over American health care. If her plan were to pass this time, it would mean higher taxes, lost jobs, less patient choice, and poorer quality health care.

Among the worst features of her proposal:

An individual mandate. Sen. Clinton would require every American to purchase health insurance or face penalties. There are many problems with such a mandate. It restricts individual choice and liberty. It will require a massive new bureaucracy to enforce. And it sets in motion a whole series of regulatory requirements that will ultimately lead to greater government control of our health care.

An employer mandate. Sen. Clinton would impose a “play or pay “ mandate on American businesses, requiring them to provide workers with health insurance or pay an additional tax into a government insurance fund. Such a mandate simply increases the cost of hiring workers, meaning employers will inevitably hire fewer workers. Some may even be forced to layoff current employees and others will offset their costs by reducing wages or wage increases.

Expanding government programs. Sen. Clinton would expand the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide benefits for middle-class families. Yet studies show that many of those who would be covered by such an expansion already have private health insurance. Thus, Sen. Clinton would simply be moving people from private insurance to taxpayer-funded government care. She would also allow people under age 65 to “buy-in” to Medicare despite the fact that the program is already facing a financial crisis.

Insurance regulation. Senator Clinton would require insurance companies to accept all applicants regardless of their health, and would impose “community rating” on health insurance premiums. As a result the young and healthy will be forced to pay more in order to subsidize the older and sicker. And those who practice healthy lifestyles will pay more to subsidize the irresponsible.

With health care, as with so many other things, Hillary Clinton clearly trusts big government more than she trusts the free market and the American people.

- www.cato.org/homepage_item.php?id=656