1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clowns

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by TheOliveBranch, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

*Anyone* who is pretending to be what they are not are called hypocrites and the root word for acting is hypocratic,(sp.)

I have seen a wonderful play called, "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames." I know the Lord uses this play to help people get saved. Is it the best way to witness, probably not?. No where in Scripture do we see the apostles using drama to witness.

HCL

2. A.J.Armitage

A.J.Armitage New Member

Acting, clowning, ect can't be lies. There's no serious intent to deceive. If I go to see Macbeth, I won't run out to the lobby to call 911 and report a murder.

If something that isn't strictly true but isn't meant to be taken as strictly true is a lie, then the parables in Scripture are lies. :eek: That can't be.

On another note...

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

RE: SheEagle9/11 --
    "Clowns? I'm more concerned about wolves who appear in sheep's clothing, myself."

Amen, sister!!

4. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

----
    Very eloquently put!