1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by william s. correa, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Tabasco, "tabbacco", tobacco? I guess the 'road' one takes really does make for what is sauce for the goose, as well as sauce for the gander.

And those 'bees' really do gather a large quantity of pollen from tobacco flowers, as well. Although around here many of the older locals speak of the crop as merely, "backey", or "backker"! :rolleyes:

Ed

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

This is called "just-in-time logistics".......the military way...... ;)

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I love the Bible belt too---at least the pick-up truck drivers clean out the Budweiser cans before they go to church on Sunday.

I wish to make a statement of my own. I am pro-majority text but not necessarily pro-TR. I am not exactly thrilled about using a "reverse engineered manuscript" as a primary reference--nor would any scientist or engineer for any reason or science. Just a point to think about.

4. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Good point, we all could learn from the early church fathers and I'm sure some would turn over in their graves at some of the "stuff" we come up with. God has blessed us inmmensly and we have even fought a civil war which I visited a battle ground at Picketts Mill today, I wonder what their thoughts were back then about TR,CodexVaticanus etc... I'm sure the wanted to just be free from beeing slaves to sin.

5. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Some of the Greek OT of Sinaiticus was found by Tischendorf in a garbage can. This is according to Tischendorf's own written account in Latin, so also Codex Sinaiticus - Wikipedia. Some monks were burning leaves to keep warm. But this has nothing to do with the worthiness of the document they were burning, for they evidently were very cold.

6. william s. correa

I knew it! I had read it somewhere thats what happenned! I'm sure it was presereved for a purpose but I wouldnt try and write a Bible from it! That's what happens, when man tries to figure out God! I know All thing work together for the good for those who love the Lord. People are wasteful and throw away alot of stuff here in the USA that is still useful, and food especially. I pray that the Lord returns soon and that there are more people saved so the Kingdom of God will rule over this sin cursed world!

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Accurate so far as it goes.

However, Tischendorf obtained the NT from the monks intact and not consigned to the flames. As Tischendorf wrote, the abbot "took down from the corner of the room a bulky kind of volume wrapped up in a red cloth, and laid it before me." Not from the waste basket and wrapped for safekeeping.

Tischendorf was a tireless researcher, dedicated to estalishing the authentic NT text (the Masoretic having already been established as the authentic OT text), not in "corrupting" the Bible.

"But that which I think more highly of than all these flattering distinctions is, the conviction that Providence has given to our age, in which attacks on Christianity are so common, the Sinaitic Bible, to be to us a full and clear light as to what is the word written by God, and to assist us in defending the truth by establishing its authentic form."

8. william s. correa

Have you ever noticed when some one wants to be "POLITICALLY CORRECT" they use words like :"waste basket, lady of the night, package store, Alternate life style, Modern Versions,and many oter ufanisms to try and Justify ones Position in life&gt; Call it what it really is that is why we have So many versions because some one got their feelings hurt. And the preacher did'nt shake their hand or something of the sort so they have to scratch their itchy ears to feel good. The truth is that we are all just Ignorrant sinners that deserve Hell and God in a good gesture sends His Only Beggotten Son and to Die for the likes of you and Me, shed His Precious blood, was Buried, and Three days later Rose again for our justification! I'm sorry folk this generation of Vipers that has corrupted the infallible Word of God will not go unpunished for their wicked deed! It is a Stench in the Nostrills of A Holy God! I will not Apologize for my words and will carry my Cross until the day of the Lord where Ican finally lay all my burdens down at the feet of Jesus My Lord! somebody say Amen!

9. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you are talking about. You are the only one using ufanisms.

You will not apologize for your words because you have no idea what you are talking about and have swallowed so many things that are just lies, plain and simple, that you actually think they are true and consider it your mission to bash other Christians over the head with your exalted holy knowledge.

When you are called on one of your inane rants, you do not respond in any meaningful way (you accused me on another thread of denigrating the KJV, which I had not, but you didn't bother even to dispute the fact you were lying).

I try to ignore you, but that would leave the field open for unwary visitors to think that your version of exalted, bloated holiness is typical of Baptists on this board.

10. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

However, Tischendorf obtained the NT from the monks intact and not consigned to the flames. As Tischendorf wrote, the abbot "took down from the corner of the room a bulky kind of volume wrapped up in a red cloth, and laid it before me." Not from the waste basket and wrapped for safekeeping.

Tischendorf was a tireless researcher, dedicated to estalishing the authentic NT text (the Masoretic having already been established as the authentic OT text), not in "corrupting" the Bible.

"But that which I think more highly of than all these flattering distinctions is, the conviction that Providence has given to our age, in which attacks on Christianity are so common, the Sinaitic Bible, to be to us a full and clear light as to what is the word written by God, and to assist us in defending the truth by establishing its authentic form."
    </font>[/QUOTE]Tischendorf may have been sincere but he was nonetheless a child of his generation. He accepted the scientific rationalism that produced the Higher Criticism and spawned the unbelieving liberalism of the early 20th century.

11. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then upon what basis do folks prefer the Byzantine text if not upon scientific rationalism? What other basis would be adequate to establish a text? That the Orthodox church preserved it?

12. william s. correa

</font>[/QUOTE]Tischendorf may have been sincere but he was nonetheless a child of his generation. He accepted the scientific rationalism that produced the Higher Criticism and spawned the unbelieving liberalism of the early 20th century.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sounds like Frankenstein

13. william s. correa

They are still trying to pump formaldahide into that dead Horse to keep it fresh looking eventually "This too shall pass" and the KJB will still be standing!

14. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be nice if you had anything worth listening to. Unfortunately, you don't.

Instead, you feel free to spread lies. Since you haven't denied it — after repeated requests for you to prove your allegation — I must assume you acknowledge you have lied and have no problem with spreading falsehoods.

All versions, BTW, condemn bearing false witness.

15. william s. correa

"There is Now no Condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"! And If I'm Bearing False witness then I'll Prove it to you that my witness is true! Who wrote the Bible? God. Who wrote the MV's? man! Simple enough; Now prove me wrong.

16. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are again covering your lie and ought to be ashamed.

Somebody give me an amen.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Who wrote the Bible? God
    Who wrote the KJV? Man
    Simple enough; now prove me wrong.

Neither of our statements make any sense, do they?

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is far off topic.

If it does not return the topic of Siniaticus and Vaticanus it will be closed.

19. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

C4K,

This is my problem here. You have just asked a question, very simple, pointed, and direct. However, William will not answer it, just as he hasnt answered any others.

How is this anything but completely dishonest?

20. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K: I apologize for keeping the thread off track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.