1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coffee House Chapel #3

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dan Todd, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every day, Lord, every day.

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 10

Romans 10:21, “But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

In the first half of our text we saw that God’s love is continuous, compassionate, and costly. In the second half of our text we see that the response is rejection. Two words summarize this rejection, the first was Disobedient:

2. Obstinate. The Bible is unique in religious literature, in that in paints man as he really is, a lost and dying sinner. We’ve looked at Israel’s response to the gospel which was and is one of disobedience. But even more than disobedience, it is obstinate disobedience. Boice writes that this obstinance is “hard-nosed, steely-faced, heart-encrusted, and doggedly persistent. So is ours. What was true of Israel is true of all natural human responses to God’s love in Christ Jesus.”

Jesus told of this obstinance in a parable in Matthew 21:33-46. A landowner (God the Father) walled a field, planted a vineyard, dug a winepress, and built a watchtower. He then leased it to husbandmen (Israel) who were to tend it. At harvest time, He sent servants (the prophets) to collect His rightful share, but the husbandmen beat, killed, and stoned His servants. Finally He sent His Son (The Lord Jesus) saying that surely these husbandmen would respect His Son. But the wicked husbandmen killed His Heir, thinking to take His inheritance. Then Jesus asked His listeners what the Owner would do, and the listeners said He would return and destroy the wicked husbandmen “and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons” (Verse 41). Jesus is saying the same thing Paul says in Romans 10. Because Israel rejected her Messiah, the gospel has been freely offered to the entire world.

At the time of the crucifixion, God did something that should have shaken every Jew who knew about it to the very core. When Jesus died, God tore the veil separating the Holy place from the Holy of Holies in the temple. Since the time of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the veil had separated man from the presence of almighty God. Because of sin, men could not simply barge into God’s presence. God is holy, and His holiness cannot tolerate sin. But now the veil was torn, signifying that the way to God had been opened. “No longer was it necessary to be a Jew to enter the outer temple courts or a priest to enter the temple itself or the high priest to enter the Most Holy Place. Because of Jesus’ death, the way was open, and anyone – Gentiles as well as Jews, women as well as men, slaves as well as free-born people – anyone could come to God through Jesus.” (Boice)

Here is where we see Jewish obstinance. Instead of accepting what God had done through their Messiah, they just sewed the torn veil back together. They went on with their Jewish worship. They rejected (and killed) witnesses who had seen the risen Lord. They explained away the empty tomb saying His disciples had stolen the body. They continued the unnecessary animal sacrifices until the temple was destroyed in 70 AD. (Unnecessary because they had been superseded by the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ.) Most Jews regarded Christians as renegades and they hated the offer of the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, even though Paul used Old Testament Scripture to show that it had been prophesied that this is what would happen.

But before we cast aspersions at the Jews, we need to remember that before our salvation, we were no different than they. We denied God’s grace because it was free, and it forced us to face the truth that we cannot obtain salvation on our own. We made such foolish statements such as “We want to spend eternity in hell, because that’s where our friends will be!” We denied the clear evidence that God exists and we wanted our own way instead of God’s way.

If you are still striving to find salvation through your own power, understand that Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). He didn’t say that He was a way among ways, but the He is “the way!” There is no other way, either you come to God through Jesus, on God’s terms, or you will spend eternity in the lake of fire. There is no other alternative.

Adapted from “Romans” by Boice.

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Thank You Dan.
    Perhaps the problem man has with salvation is that it goes against everything he or she has been taught. I mean, all of our lives we (hopefully!) have been surrounded by people: parents, teachers, etc. that say things like, "You can do what you set your mind to; Work hard and you will go far in life; You can do it!"
    But now, when it comes to salvation and grace through faith we hear, "You can't earn it, there's nothing you can do." That is a shock and to many, sadly, they just cannot buy that, they must add their works into it to the point that what they have now is ANOTHER gospel, CLIMBING UP another way to their great loss. [​IMG]

5. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Very true Watchman!

Dan

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Dan.

And Watchman, goes against stuff we're taught in Baptist SS class too. How many little ones (age 3-8) have SS material about being good, loving God, obey parents, etc. All WORKS.

Then when they here that NOTHING "works", it is confusing.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

"God's West Point Academy"

For my (odd day)devotions---I just finished with a devotion series on the Fruit of the Spirit! I wish now to begin on the Soldier's Armor---as found in Ephesians 6:10-18

The very first thing we need to do is go back to the Old Testament and 1Samuel 17! Get the picture: Its moments away from perhaps the greatest battlefield show down's of all times!!! Goliath and the Philistines have the Israelites "pinned down"---and a challenge ensues! Goliath wants a "man for man" confrontation! "Enough of this dying! Send forth a man that we should fight! If he kills me--all Philistines will be your servants! But if I kill him---then you will be our slaves!"

Then seemingly out of nowhere---the Israelite "Weapon of Mass Destruction" makes an appearance----Man! I'm tellin' ya----David is ready to go "Bear Huntin' with a Switch!!"

He tries on the armor of the King! Doesn't fit! Rather, David is living in the will of the Lord God of Israel and he was gonna "plow" the battlefield in the name of the Lord of Hosts!!

You know the story!! Tghe challenges were real for David! And we see how David prevailed to the end!!

But guess what?? The challenges you and I face in today's world--are no less real than David's!! Fortunate for us--David's encounters were recorded--we sorta have a WAR BOOK we can study!! 1Corinthians 10:11 says, "Now all these things happened unto them for examples: And they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

Notice back in 1Samuel 17 for a few minutes! Notice--first---the description of Goliath's armor in verses 4-7.

Now!!! Here comes David-----and Saul "thinks" David needs some protection!!! Now---look over in v. 38 of 1Samuel 17!! Notice the striking similarities between Saul's armor and Goliath's!! Do you see the resembliance!!!???

But what happens??? David tries on the armor!!! It was like tryin' to fit a M1 Abrams Battle Tank onto a Volkswagon frame!!!!

But notice vs.45-47!!! The same way God equipped David--He equips us!!! Our weapons are not carnel--but are spiritual!!!

----------------

Our battle is in the spiritual realm! Against powers, principalities, and rulers of the darkness---its just as real as David's battle was against Goliath!!

John MacAuthor writes:
    If we are walking worthy of our calling, in humility rather than pride, in unity rather than divisiveness, in the new self rather than the old, in love rather than lust, in light rather than darkness, in wisdom rather than foolishness, in the fullness of the Spirit rather than in the drunkedness of wine, and in mutual submission rather than self-serving independance, then we can be absolutely certain we will havve opposition and conflict."

Read Ephesians 6:10-20

Now, look back in v. 11! The phrase, "put on" the whole armor of God---the phrase, "put on' comes from a Greek phrase, "Enduo" and carries the idea of "once and for all" "Putting on the armor" is not something we do "every now and then!"---or if we "feel like it!"---the enemy will pursue and overtake---whether we "feel like it" or not!!! It carries the idea of endurance---of permanance!!!

We'll look at the "whats" and the "whys" of this armor later----but for now---ask God today to prepare your minds!! Why do we need the armor??? Well, our LRRP(Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol) report(the Holy Spirit ahead of us!) says that the enemy is out there---ready to pounce! Sometimes its an ambush! Sometimes its a frontal attack in broad daylight! Sometimes its a "Flanking" operation when the sun goes down and there's no Moonlight and you can't see!!! So, ask God by faith---to let you use the armor as you "bolt" out the door---ready to go "Bear huntin' with a switch!!"

8. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Thank you Blackbird!

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! That MacArthur quotations SHOULD describe the BB . . but often doesn't. We are in a battle and need the encouragement!

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 12

Romans 10:21, “But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

There is a noted contrast between Isaiah 65:1 (“I Am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.”) which was quoted in Romans 10:20 (“But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.”) and Isaiah 65:2 (“I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;”) which is quoted in Romans 10:21 (“But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”) The first pair of verses describe how the Gentiles, who had not sought God, found Him. The second pair describe the Jews, who had great privilege, but had rejected God. But the contrast we want to consider is the contrast between the compassionate, loving God, Who stretches out His hands to save sinners, and the hardness of those who are obstinate and do not just say no to God, but turn their backs on God.

In Old Testament times, Jesus had not yet come. Yes, His coming was the subject of the prophets, and though there were many prophecies that foretold His coming, I can see where some, perhaps many could have been confused. The word of His coming was localized in one small corner of the world, and though the Old Testament’s volume is about three times that of the New Testament, the message was “nevertheless infrequent at any given time in that history, and none of them had access to our amazing ‘modern’ means for proclaiming the gospel.” (Boice)

What is the situation today? “If God was stretching out His hands toward Israel then, how much more is He stretching out His hands to men and women today.” (Boice) Today, we can look back to a specific time when Jesus walked on this earth. In fact the pivotal point of history is the Lord Jesus Christ. Time before and after Him is measured by the point of His presence among men. Instead of sketchy and future promises, we look back to promises fulfilled, to a Savior Who walked among us. We now have the completed canon of Scripture and the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit to clarify that Scripture. Both of which no Old Testament saint had the privilege of. The message of salvation through Jesus Christ has literally been taken throughout the entire world. “The gospel has been explained in magazines, tracts, and books. It is heard on radio. It is seen in movies and video tapes. It has been declared dispassionately, as men and women with acute minds and much knowledge have appealed to the reason of their hearers. It has been proclaimed emotionally and fervently, as preachers have pleaded with their congregations to turn from the sin that is destroying them and find salvation in Jesus, where alone it may be found.” (Boice)

In Matthew 11:17-19 Jesus spoke of the contrast between John Baptist’s ministry and His own - “We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners.” John’s ministry was a serious call to repentance, Jesus ministry was more open, less threatening, and winsome. What was the world’s response to them, John lost his head, Jesus was nailed to the cross.

“Can we not say the same thing today? Preachers of the gospel have reasoned and debated, begged and pleaded, argued and cajoled, coaxed and implored. We have given reasons, argumentation, warnings, and motivations. We have preached and prayed. In the name of God we have stretched out our own hands to sinners, pleading, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved ...’ (Acts 16:31).” (Boice)

We like to think that in our day we are a more sophisticated, loving, and open minded world? But as in the days of Jesus and Paul, the unregenerate world today is not interested in the gospel. The unregenerate world crucified Jesus when He came as the Gospel that Saves. Today’s unregenerate would lynch Jesus, if they had the chance. “It is against such hard and rebellious hearts that the love of God, symbolized by His outstretched hands, shines brightly.” (Boice)

Please be warned, if you have not placed your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, those outstretched hands of God will become the hands of His judgment. “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” (Hebrews 10:31)

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Thank you Dan,

Blessings

Sheila

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny. We condemn the Jews of old for not recognizing "obvious" prophesies and seeing Jesus for Who He is. But we, today, seem similarly myopic about prophecies of His return . .

Thanks, Dan.

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Friday, February 13, 2004

"The Soldier's Armor"

We began this devotion study with a look with the permanance and the purpose of this armor! Ephesians 6:11 says, "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

The phrase "Put on" implies the permanance---a "once and for all" thing---we're going to find out that the "battlefield" knows no boundries!!! We will need permanate protection in the spiritual arena---of the mind, soul, and spirit!

Against who??

Verse 11 says, ". . . against the wiles of the devil." We have an antagonizer and protagonizer who is called the devil. We'll study what the word "devil" means in another study! But you've heard the phrase, "You devil, You!!!" or "He's a little devil!" Makes you wonder about folks, don't it??

But look at the verse again and the word, "wiles." And lets see if we can piece this together!!

"Wiles" comes from the Greek word, "Methodeia" in which we get our English word, "Methods" and implies the use of deception and deceiving of the mind which leads ultimately to disobedience in the physical realm. With the armor of God--we have ability to pick up on the deception and then counter with the truth from the word we call Scripture.

But the devil is a spiritual "Scam Artist!" You ever fall for a "Scam??" Sure you have!! You're not as smart as folks lead you to believe!!! The Scam Artist uses deception---I call it "Underhanded Trickery!" Its faster than your mind can think!! You can't see it develop and don't know its there---until he walks out the door holding everything you deemed valuable in his hands!!!!

Like the tale, "Little Red Ridin' Hood"----the "Wolf" is gonna dress up first of all, like Grandmaw!!! Ohhhhh, he's gonna be lovin' and kind and gentle and innocent!!! He's gonna get what he wants---then he's gonna leave---leavin' you "holdin' the bag" and finding yourself a spiritual distitute!!! But wait a minute!!! You think---"Well, he's gone!! He may not bother me again---AND if he does---I'll be ready for his "Grandmother" outfit----but see---what we don't know is this----this time he deceives us "this way" BUT next time---its gonna be deception ANOTHER way!!!

Deception comes in all forms and fashions!! It comes at all opportunity---when we're expecting it and when we're not!!! When we're ready for it and when we're not!! That's why the Apostle Paul admonishes his readers to "be ready---in and out of season"----because the devil has declared "Open Season" on:---Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Not long ago I read an article from Jackson, MS's Clairon-Ledger newspaper----there was a MS Army Reserve unit "gearin' up" to leave for Iraq! The unit was looking for and pleaing for area Police forces to supply them with the new "Bullet Resistant" vests!!! They were going to wear these vests---and they were also planning to line the inside of their vehicles with them---so they put the word out--to law enforcement agencies for extra vests!!!

The Clarion article made the comment to the newspaper, "The Battalion leaves at 10 tonight for Fort Stewart, GA to prepare for deployment to the Middle East, and will do so with vests in tow!

Command Sergeant Major Wesley Reeves of the Army unit---was in charge of equipment and made the comment: "In terms of equipment, we have 100 percent of everything we need."

Today, friend!!! Sergeant Major Jesus is gonna check---and make sure we have our "Spiritual" body armor! Take a look at the equipment listed in the text!!! And ask the Lord Jesus to supply you with the needed essentials for battle----'cause----you WILL engage the enemy today!!! I'm not certain at what point you'll receive "Hostile Fire"---could be this minute---could be the next minute---could be Noon!---could be seconds before bedtime---anytime---be ready---Slip on the armor through obedience right now!!! Sergeant Major Jesus will be comin' by for personal inspection!!!

14. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Excellent - thank you Blackbird!

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good illustration, BB. Tanks. [​IMG]

16. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 14

From our text we’ve learned of the nature of God’s love, that it is continuous, compassionate, and costly. We’ve seen man’s response to God’s love, that it is disobedient and obstinate. Man, down through the ages has continuously rejected God’s offer of salvation through His marvellous grace. Today we ask the question, “What shall you do?”

We’ve mentioned that the time is coming when God’s hands will no longer be outstretched towards man, that God’s gracious offer will not last forever. But today is still the day of God’s grace. Romans 9-11 deal with Israel, and Paul will once again stress the reign of grace in chapter 11, where he asks, “Hath God cast away his people?” and then answers it with the strongest negative in Biblical Greek by saying, “God forbid.”

Boice writes, “But what of you? What should you do in this present moment? Some who look at the doctrine of election think it means you should do nothing because you can do nothing. That does not follow. You cannot save yourself. That is certain, which is why the gospel is a gospel of grace. If you could save yourself, it would be a gospel of works. You cannot make God be gracious to you, but you can listen to Him as He speaks in the gospel. You can look to Him and see His hands outstretched.”

Should man be seeking God? What did Paul say of Israel? “For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God” (Romans 10:3). Israel sought God by trying to establish their own system of righteousness, which is self-righteousness, which “come(s) short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). If you seek God, “you will inevitably fall back into trusting in your own efforts. Instead of seeking Him, you need merely to be quiet and listen to what He says.” (Boice)

William R. Newell writes, “Should we not seek God? No! You should sit down and hear what is written in Romans: first, about your guilt, then about your helplessness, and then about the inability of the law to do anything but condemn you; and then believe on Christ whom God hath sent; and then praise God for righteousness apart from works, apart from ordinances! Hear how God laid sin, your sin, on a substitute, His own Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, and that now, sin being put away, God has raised Him from the dead. Seek God? No! God is the seeker, and He has sought and is now seeking those that asked not of Him, and has been found by those who sought Him not! – but simply heard the good news and believed!” (From “Romans Verse by Verse”)

In Romans 10:14-15, Paul gave told us the way the gospel comes to everyone:
    1. Messengers are sent.
    2. The messengers preach the Good News.
    3. The voice of Jesus is heard in the preaching.
    4. The sinner believes.
    5. The person calls on Jesus for salvation.

“You need to hear the message, because it is in the teaching of the gospel that the voice of God is heard and His outstretched hands are seen.” (Boice)

Thomas was not with the other disciples when Jesus first appeared to them after His resurrection. When told that they had seen Christ, Thomas was unconvinced. “Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe” (John 20:25).

A week later, Thomas was with the other ten when Jesus next appeared to them. Jesus held out His hands, showing Thomas His wounds, saying, “Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing” (John 20:27). Thomas did not even have to do that, instead he fell at Christ’s feet and confessed, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28).

“That is exactly what happens today as people read the Bible and hear it peached. They see Jesus in the Bible’s pages. They hear Him speak their name, and they come to Him. In that moment the disobedience and unbelief of a lifetime fade away, and they find themselves calling out, ‘My Lord and my God!’ It is a wounded hand that holds out salvation to you and invites you to come. Reach out and touch that hand. Then allow it to enfold you in an embrace that nothing on earth or in heaven will ever diminish or disturb.” (Boice)

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Dan. BTW, I have Newell's Romans, Hebrews and Revelation. Have helped quite often in the years of ministry.

18. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Thanks Dan.
    "They hear Him speak their name, and they come to Him."

And when He brings out His own sheep, He goes before them; and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers. John 10: 4&5.

Now there is a whole debate forum on this board about how some are His sheep and others are not, that is not what I want my responce here to be about. My intent is to merely say that those that are His sheep hear Him and follow, while those that are not His sheep will not follow Him.
    Will HIS SHEEP follow the Word-of-Faith crowd (Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyers etel)? Or the J.W.'s, Mormons, or, yes, Roman Catholicism? Scriptually, no.
    Proverbs 2 speaks of the immoral woman and 19 says:

None who go to her return. Nor do they regain the paths of life-

Are those who go to a litteral immoral woman being spoken of here? I think rather it speaks of spiritual harlots. Those that are not His sheep can get caught in these false religions.
    But those who are His sheep will have none of it, but follow Him only!

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sunday, February 15, 2004

The Soldier's Armor---Truth
    Ephesians 6:14

We've been looking here at the armor of God and of being a soldier in His Army! Didn't know that, did you?? That we are soldiers---supposed to be good ones, too!!!

The verses above v. 14 teach that the war we are to "soldier" is in the spirit world! Thank goodness, huh???? Maybe not!! This warfare is more real than what we see in the physical world! It is relentless and without white flags! There is no surrender!! Only victory for one side or the other!!!

But the verses say that we are to put on the whole armor of God! Remember we looked at David on that dusty battlefield?? And how they wanted David to "put on" Saul's armor! They "tried it" on him---and it didn't fit!!! Like trying to fit an M1 Abrams Battle Tank onto a Volkswagan frame!!

But the thing we want to see in 1Samuel 17 is---how strikingly similiar Saul's armor looked like Goliath's! Goliath had a helmet of brass---Saul had a helmet of brass!! Goliath had a coat of mail--Saul had a coat of mail!! They(Goliath and Saul) were matched "man for man!!" David tried to walk with Saul's armor---and then proclaimed as he was rejecting Saul's protection---in V. 39, "I cannot go with these! For I have not proved them!!" Then scripture says that David "put them off him!"----rather---David was going to advance with God and God's armor!! A spiritual fight that David was going to bring into the physical world!!!

Now, look back in Ephesians 6!! Verses 11 and 13 speak about the "wiles" of the devil and our ability to "stand" against them!!

"Wiles" comes from the Greek word "Methodos"---were we get our English word--Methods" or "Ways of doing things"---and its used here in terms of the devil as "sceaming", "scaming" and "Trickery"---offering a product thats not really there---or something that isn't going to "last!" You ever buy a product---and no sooner than you get home---its torn up or broken?? Or you order it from the company---and its something completely different that what you expected?? Sure you have!! Well, thats what the devil is gonna do!! He's going to offer products that do not last!!!---he's a thief! A con-artist!

Look at verse 13!!

What is this "to withstand" and "to stand" mean??

"Withstand" means "to oppose and resist"---and implies "heated confrontation!" Don't think for one minute that the battlefield that David met Goliath on--was the "State Fair Midway!!!"--David wasn't marching to a "Carnival"---but rather to the Old Testament version of the "Showdown at Tombstone!!"---and somebody that day was going to lay down in front of a tombstone!!! Get it???

So!!! We have an enemy to face---in the spiritual realm!! We let the 101st Airborne take care of the physical realm---but the more I look and get into the spiritual battle---the more I crave trading places with the 101st!!!

We have an enemy to face and we are told to "resist and remain!!!" Soooooo, what about this armor!!!!??? Lets look at the first piece of armor---if you don't have this piece to begin with---you'll be "wasted" before you even show up for the showdown!!!

Verse 14, "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth."---what does this mean??

The men in that Bible day wore tunics---that hung loosely down to the ankles! When they would go to battle they would start "gearing up!" They wouldn't take the looose fitting tunic OFF---but would take a large wide belt and wrap(or girt) it around their midsection--drawing that tunic tight around their waist!! They'd then take the skirt of that tunic and draw it up and tuck it into the belt!! He would litterally surround his body with that belt!!! And the proceedure would keep him from becoming "tangled up" in his own wardrobe!!---but keep in mind---his body surrounded by that belt!!! His body was supported by that belt!!!

I can't help but think---in the spirit world where OUR battle is---that the very first thing we are to do to prepare for assault and defense---is to surround ourselves with the truth of God's word!! We are to support ourselves--with the truth of the word of God!!! John 17:17---Jesus said, "Thy(God's) word is truth!" What word? God's word! His word!---from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21!!! We are to surround ourselves with the word from the Word!! Its our support! Saturate yourself with it! Surround yourself with it! It'll support you on the battlefield---and it'll keep you from becoming "tangled" in yourself!!!

David showed up on the hot, hot battlefield---and simply started tellin' Goliath the truth!! "The buzzards are gonna eat your flesh like a hungry man eating a hamburger!!!"(emphasis mine :D ) Speak the truth with your neighbor! Surround yourself with it!! Support yourself with it!!

20. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Thank you Blackbird!