1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coleman vs Franken

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Apr 7, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not so fast my good friend from Missouri, the only thing you got right was Bush was first to go to court. How do you force someone to court when all Gore asked was to have the ballots recounted (by hand)?

I believe you will need back your yielded time to reconsider your belief that Bush was right. I can accept Gore being wrong but Bush right makes a much sense as dehydrated water.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate the honorable gentleman from Aurora yielding his time to me for a humble response to statements.

My good friend, LeBuick, is simply inaccurate in describing Gore's efforts with the statment "all he was doing was asking to have ballots recounted (by hand)".

A more accurate description of Mr. Gore's efforts would be, "all he was doing was asking for an unconstitutional hand recount of ballots in heavily demoncrat areas."

Bush was forced to go to court, therefore, because he saw an unconstitutional act on the part of his opponent, Mr. Gore.

In addition, I understand my distinguished opponent's relunctance to give Bush credit for "being right".

When someone has expended so much effort, as my friend LeBuick has, to criticize and malign a man based on inaccurate information, it is difficult to admit you are wrong and that man is right.

My suggestion to my good friend is to simply swallow his pride and utter the words... "Bush was right and I was wrong to criticize Bush."

peace to you:praying:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What the Lady from Missouri failed to acknowledge is that Gore only made a request for a recount. It was the election commission who granted the request against the protest of the Bush team. The district court likewise ruled to Gore's favor which is why the Bush team went to the FL SC. I will use her time to explain what this means.

This is where party line entered the contest and why I don't feel elections should go to court. The SC's went on to vote party line and gave the election to Bush. The election officials and initial court felt Gore was right. The SC divide by party which means some felt Gore was right and others felt Bush was right. This means the best legal minds this country has to offer were divided as to who was right.

This also means if the SCOTUS was majority Democratic, Gore would have won.

I rest my case...

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Good! Because you really had no case just a lot of hot air!:laugh::laugh:

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the distinguished gentleman from Aurora doesn't understand is that the members of the SCOTUS are neither Democrat or Republican.

I am certain those honorable justices who voted in the minority would take umbridge at the gentleman's insult, even though it were possibly due to ignorance, that they voted "democrat", when, in fact, they voted their conscience as to what the law and the constitution demanded.

On a slightly more personal note, I would kindly remind my distinguished opponent that the last man who called me a "lady" was promptly and soundly thrashed.:laugh:

peace to you:praying:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ah... You degrade the importance of blow dryers... :smilewinkgrin:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My Good Friend... I will unrest my case to say;

Chief justices are citizens with a right to vote and political ideological views. They were not appointed by a party for their neutrality and desire for true justice.

Case is again rested (ie.. hot air is turned off...) :thumbs:

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

LB please say it is not so. Please say you are not leaving. What would poor JC do without you, not to mention the rest of usens?:laugh::laugh::laugh: