1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 11, 2008.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

My opinion now, for what little it's worth, is that Minn, is managed to play themselves right out of the NCAA, today, and KY climbed squarely from 'in" to right back on the bubble, today. One no-call might actually determine KY missing, and a couple more tournament conference tourney upsets could place them 'Puddy Tats' squarely on a potential second round collision course with a bunch of irritated groundhogs who could not figure out a way to beat bunch of Illini on the way to the NY 'apple bobbin' contest.

Ed

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

See what I mean?

A screener is not going to receive a foul 95% of the time - and 100% on a baseline call. Why? Because he initiated the contact. If you look at the replay, he was still moving at the time of the contact. The good no call was not the reason UK could not beat GA. Billy G got outcoached, and UK beaten with an improbable trey, just like Tenn got beat by Hill making one basket in a game...but it was with five seconds left in a one point game. UK could've won the game just as easily as they lost. All BG's whining before the game ever started (we never got to play in this building, Georgia had three games prior to us in the tourney (they had one), the time change, etc.....the list is endless.).

I do agree with you that, if it can be done at all, I'd bet my house that there will be a MN/UK or potential matchup. But with so many biggies losing their tourneys, you never know. I still think UK being UK will get them in the dance. But if GA wins today, someone from the SEC is going to get left out. I just don't see UK getting left out, but in my mind ARK is more deserving. I bet a lot of Uk fans will be doing their best "Pig Sooie" today.

One more thing on SEC officiating. though they were correct in the call at the end of the game, is there anyone now who doesn't doubt that SEC bball refs are the worst in the nation? Will they ever figure out that they are not supposed to decide the outcome of a game? Maybe someone forgot they were and did initiate the no-call btw GA/UK, but I'm sure if they did, Gerald Beudreaux will be suspending him :laugh: