1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College Coaching Rumors

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Mar 27, 2007.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or not. He decided to return to Creighton. Great.

I cannot believe this mess...

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get the feeling that Altman's family, especially his daughter, just didn't want to leave Omaha.

#22 KenH, Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No way. Well, he goofed. Couldn't he have had the Iowa job? I don't blame him for not wanting to have to play FLA, TENN, KY, BAMA, et.al. every year. But then again, Creighton and Omaha are probably attractive. Family pull maybe? Plus, 20 win seasons gets you an extension at Creighton. 20 win seasons get you fired in the SEC.

Still, this is turning into a circus for ARK. Broyles needs to let someone competent handle this.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

In the paper down here some writer said he had heard some of the Ar. players have grade problems and might be in trouble as far as playing next year. Maybe Ar. is like so many schools, few players come for the academe, but to play ball and if that don't work out they are lost.

Didn't Eddie Suttion come from Creighton, when he came to Ar. I believe he is the one who put Ar. on the basketball map.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

What I heard was ARK had some players fail a drug test.

Apparently, either my "sources" at UK were wrong, or Billy had a change of heart. Or both. I don't believe for one second that Donnovan (1) Didn't think about it, or (2) Wasn't contacted by anyone. That's just not the way it's done. I believe the lure of a possible NBA payday kept him there. Or maybe he just doesn't want to take on the headache of the Big Blue nation.

I believe UK will next go after Rick Barnes of Texas, and if that falls through, I've heard Tom Crean mentioned since Belein went to Michigan. Izzo has been mentioned but I just don't think he'll leave Mich St. Either way, this is a blow to UK to not be able to get their man. First time that's happened in a while.

What about ARK? Who are they talking to?

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I really think this has something to do with it. Why would he want to leave for UK when he has the opportunity to continue winning titles at Florida while not under the Big Blue Microscope.

I personally think it is refreshing. I have some friends who are HUGE UK fans and they just think that anything the Big Blue Nation wants, they get. Well I guess they are wrong. :applause:

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't know but Bob Huggins would be a good fit. He would win, his teams play hard and he brings in good players even if some are troubled off the court. With what was sais about Ar. that the
    university has not had a basketball player academically ineligible for 20 years or so, and he has not had many if any finish school. I think they could work well together. But is he going to WVa.

9. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Reports here in WV are saying that Bob Huggins will be the next WVU coach. I for one am not too thrilled about the idea because the school is going from one end of the spectrum to another. Coach Belien has made sure his players attend class, graduate and stay out of trouble. I don't see that happening with Coach Huggins.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The administration has turned it over to a search company - the same one that Kentucky is using and that Minnesota used to get Tubby Smith.

The favorite among Hog fans is Anthony Grant of Virginia Commonwealth because of his style of play.

Looks like Kentucky has set its sights on Billy Gillispie now:

www.kentucky.com/276/story/34961.html

#31 KenH, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think Tubby should've waited and went to ARK.

UK is in meltdown. ESPN is reporting that Rick Barnes has withdrawn his name (Read: "no, thanks").

#32 TomVols, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  12. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Billy G better than Billy D and if we make him the offer like it looks like we will he will accept and our team will be back on top in a couple of years...

He is a great recruiter and a great coach and has amazingly turned around UTEP and A&M nearly overnight...

13. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, this is the 3rd time I have gone from the 1000 post club and back down; this time even under 900. What is going on?

At least I am able to keep joining the 1000 club over and over...

Just got back home from the Spurs and Suns game and I am anxious to see what the Spurs will do come playoff time. I think they can win it all again this year but of course Dallas is in our way. Sorry, will have to soon start a new thread for the upcoming NBA Playoffs.

14. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about the post count.

I've just accepted that I'm never going to make the 3000 post club.

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

My post count just dropped from over 3600 to 3403 overnight, as well. What gives? I dunno' and don't especially care but find that interesting, to say the least, as well.

Ed

16. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

He will win and that is what most fans want, but I'm with you. He is a very good coach and his players love him. But going to class, maybe. finish school, still waiting to see if that will happen.

17. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you get gifts and stuff for going over 1000? :smilewinkgrin:

18. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Billy clyde Gillispie is being named the next coach of KY this morning - complete with a pep rally.

I think Billy Clyde will do great there, he is a great coach and this is a dream job for him. I wish that he would have stayed in aggie land a few more years, but he is leaving the cuppard full!

One difference between KY and A&M - making the sweet 16 got Billy Clyde a raise to one of the highest paid coaches in NCAA BB - making only the sweet 16 at KY will get him fired!

19. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Hold on fellas...here comes the UK Spin..:laugh:

Sure, who would want that Donovan guy anyhow....back to back titles...nahhh.... :tonofbricks: