1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College or Professional Sports

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I can't remeber the last time I was as happy for someone to win as I am for Manning and Coach Tony Dungy. Dungy is a total class act and Manning is one of the best ever at his position.

But I got to thinking about how Manning had a reputation for not getting it done in the clutch. In reality last year might have been the only time that his team really should have won. I mean as good as the vols were when Manning was in Knoxville, was Florida not a little better? And as good as the Indianapolis Colts were, weren't the New England Patriots a little better? Was his rep. as a player who didn't get it done when it counted deserved?

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

No, but that is part of sports. Today every where you turn, radio, TV, papers and at work someone knows more that the coach or anyone else.
    Look at all the players that the Cowboys traded and didn't do much after that. Some coaches out coach others and make players seem to be better than they are. But you are correct, Fl. had better players than Tn. back then, not much better but better. For the most part FSU and Miami had better players than Fl., why, Fl. was being watched by the NCAA for past problems and couldn't go after some players that the other schools went after. Look at Al. now, they can't go after players that they had in the past and other schools will go after.