1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College students! let's talk!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TJAcorn, Dec 9, 2001.

1. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

College students of America unite!

I want to hear all about you. Tell me what school you go to, your major, your age, what organizations you're in, your favorite music :cool:

There is no life better than the college life so let's hear about it!

Trevor

#1 TJAcorn, Dec 9, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  2. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

Ok, I'll start

I attend the University of Missouri - Rolla. I'm studying to be an Architectural Engineer. I am 20 years old and am heavily involved with the BSU (Baptist Student Union). My favorite music is U2, Innocence Mission, Caedmon's Call, Jars of Clay and The Juliana Theory.
    My favorite authors are Francis Schaeffer, R.C. Sproul, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien. I play the guitar and I like girls (brown haired ones).

Trevor

3. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

Trevor,
    I am 19, I attend Grand Rapids Community College, and my majors are vocal performance and physcology.

I'm not in any organizations right now, but that's because I'm working if I'm not at school.

I'm hoping to attend Liberty Universtiy for my Junior and Senior years. God only knows where I'll end up though. I have to put these education decisions in his hands.

My favorite music is CCM as well as gospel. My favorite musicians are the Gaither Vocal Band (Bill Gaither, Guy Penrod, Russ Taft, and David Phelps) and Mark Lowry. If I'm not listening to Christian music, then I'm listening to soft rock, kind of like the love songs.

Well, now you're not the only one who's posted on this topic.

Good luck.

In Christ's gracious love,
    Teresa

#3 AdoptedDaughter, Dec 10, 2001
  4. Grace

Grace New Member

Teresa,
    Well here goes...
    I'm in my third year of college. I don't like it very much, but I'll probably never finish since I'm going into education. I thought "deaf education", but now, I'm really thinking Literature may be for me.

When I'm not at school I'm either working at Crossroads Baptist School, at church, ( I teach sign language and sing in the choir) practicing the piano, or at school choir rehearsals. Oh, I forgot to tell you where I go to school--Valdosta State University.

My favorite music, um-don't really have a set favorite. I like Point of Grace, Sierra, Hillsongs, The Passion CD's...etc.

Um you said that you wanted to know all about me so... nah, i won't give you the whole boring story. I love to sing, but for enjoyment. I have no desire to be a vocal major because I want singing to be fun. I know too many people that it's not fun for anymore. Right now, Christmas carols aren't fun because we practiced them and analyzed them to death for school chorus. :(

I'm just past 20-and I very greatly dislike psychology-but I like you ;) . Can I e-mail you sometime?

#4 Grace, Dec 10, 2001
  5. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

Hey Teresa! I think that my cousin is going to Liberty as well next fall. I personally don't know much about the school, however.

SeeyA around!

Trevor

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: TJAcorn ]

#5 TJAcorn, Dec 10, 2001
  6. Ethereal

Ethereal Guest

Here's a little bit about me:

My name is Angie, and I'm 20 yrs old. I'm a Junior at Houston Baptist University where I'm double majoring in Political Science and Marketing. And I'm also in a sorority there, Alpha Chi Omega, and when I'm not spending time with my sorority I'm the manager at Abercrombie & Fitch at my mall. The type of music I listen to is Contemporary Christian, Rap, Rock, Country, R&B. My favorite bands would be Jars of Clay, Audio Adrenaline, Delirious?, FFH, Jennifer Knapp, Newsboys and Steven Curtis Chapman. :rolleyes:

#6 Ethereal, Dec 10, 2001
  7. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grace:
    I'm just past 20-and I very greatly dislike psychology-but I like you ;) . Can I e-mail you sometime?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey sis, of course you can email me! I also greatly dislike psychology along with all those that who study it (and wear Fatigues). So, you like Literature too! awesome. I'm taking British Lit (1800-present) next semester and I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be one of my few non-math intensive courses that I'll have to take. It's insane just how much math and physics you have to take to be an engineer. I just got out of my Calc 2 final and it nearly raped me. I now have Calc 3, Differential Equations, linear algebra, and matrix algebra all to look forward to.
    I noticed that you are from Georgia, do you have a southern accent? seeya around!

Trevor

8. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ethereal:
    I'm the manager at Abercrombie & Fitch at my mall. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, here's the deal.
    If I entertain you with sweet words of emptiness and quote Shakespeare will you hook me up with threads from A&F??? pretty please?!? I live a good two hours from any decent mall so I can't go often but when I do I usually find that I have spent all my money on music or guitar stuff.

I want a pair of dark khaki pants (plain - 30*32) and as many long sleeve T's as I can get.

I'm just kidding! you don't have to do all that - but I will say that I've never known anyone who worked at A&F.

I live right next to the Chi Omega at my campus so I know some of the girls there but they are all Engineer majors so that makes things not so interesting. I guess Chi Omega is not the same as Alpha Chi Omega possible. Is your Alpha Chi Omega a national sorority?

Trevor

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: TJAcorn ]

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: TJAcorn ]

#8 TJAcorn, Dec 10, 2001
  9. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I'm 23. I did my undergraduate education at Wheaton College in liberals arts engineering and mathematics and at Illinois Tech studying computer engineering. I'm now at Stanford studying for my masters in eletrical engineering. I'm a quite sick of school. I don't really follow music or have many favorites. My wife and I are having a baby girl in about one month. My favorite Christian scholor, teacher, and writer is Dr. Scott Hafemann. I am part of an exclusive orgainization called SIFOYCADADHBTGOWTMHAH. In stands for
    "sit in front of your computer all day and do homework because they give you way to much work around here."

#9 Pete Richert, Dec 11, 2001
  10. AdoptedDaughter

Hey Trevor!

Just kidding, but always
    Teresa

#10 AdoptedDaughter, Dec 12, 2001
  11. Joy

Joy New Member

Let's all be appropriate now, college age young people! :eek: ;)

12. Grace

Grace New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>originally posted by TJAcorn
    I noticed that you are from Georgia. Do you have a southern accent? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to say it, but yes. Actually, more at times than at others. There are some one syllable words that I can not say with only one syllable. For instance: ran, can, fan, Dan. I got teased so much because I used to like a guy named Dan. Everybody would walk up to me and say "how's Da-an" [​IMG] I don't mind having a southern accent, I kind of like it. I do get into trouble sometimes because the word "y'all" is a staple part of my vocabulary. I accidentaly called my mother "Y'all" [​IMG] [​IMG] She was less than thrilled.

13. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by baptistforever:
    Hey Trevor!

Umm...I don't know if I'm doing the wisest thing here....

Trevor

#13 TJAcorn, Dec 13, 2001
  14. AdoptedDaughter

Well, you certaintly don't look like I would have imagined you. You look and seem like a very sweet and attractive young man.

How's everyone's exams going?

Until next time and always
    Teresa

15. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by baptistforever:
    Well, you certaintly don't look like I would have imagined you. You look and seem like a very sweet and attractive young man.

How's everyone's exams going?

Until next time and always
    Teresa
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finals are over!!! I never knew this boy could study so hard. I think I actually pulled off good grades in my hardest classes yet. It's amazing!

Teresa, you have caused me to blush like a little boy! [​IMG] I think I need to tell you the "hard facts" about my appearence. That picture you saw is actually a year old. The new me includes the bottom half of gotee, sideburns down to the bottom of my ear and short messed up hair on top. I've also lost about 10 lb's. I don't have any recent pictures but even if I did I don't know if I'd post them 'cause I like the one that's up there so much.

I hope finals went well for you and the rest of the college groupies out there. Have a great break!

Trevor

16. AdoptedDaughter

Interesting.

I'd show youa pic of me but I don't have any scanners to scan them in.

I'm glad to hear that your exams went well.

I think my speech teacher shorted me on my grade. I didn't do as bad as the paper says, but there's nothing that I can do about it.

Hope your Christmas goes well,

Teresa

17. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Well I do have pictures of Teresa somewhere on the internet of good quality...and I could show you...but, I'm thinking maybe no.

In the words of Wolverine "Stay away from my girl" ;) :eek: :D ;) Just kidding

I guess I missed this thread. I'm 19, pastoral major w/presem emphesis, have already met the girl of my dreams, hoping she's the girl God has me to marry, spend most of my time in theology books (or debating it) and with Teresa :D I go to GRCC and will probably transfer to Moody Bible Institute. If I don't get in there, maybe Liberty or Calvin.

TTFN

UNP
    Adam

18. AdoptedDaughter

In the famous words of me:
    "NO ONE IS GOING TO SEE THOSE PICTURES OF ME ADAM!!!!!!!!!"

anyways, hope all of your holiday season is going well.

Teresa :D

19. bhowe89

bhowe89 Guest

Whats up Ya'll?

This is my first message to post, so I really dont know all of the rules and everything, but hey, what you gonna do though right.

I attend Trinity Baptist Bible College in Texas. I am double majoring in Missions and Pastoral Theology. I run a bus route, sing in the choir, lead a childrens choir, teach Junior Boys, preach in childrens church and sing special music.

My least favorite class in school is Exodus and my most favorite one is US History.

I think your question of are you "____" is totally inapropriate and does not line up with what the scriptures teach of "whatsoever things are pure, whatsover things are honest, etc."

I am 19 years old and I should graduate in 2004.

Later

20. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

ooups

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: TJAcorn ]