1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Comfessing sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Judith, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It is a comparison passage showing the difference between the lost and the saved, and you may be right that it is talking about "sinfulness" in general rather than specific sins. But still it refers to confesssion which brings forgiveness. It says nothing about being brought back into fellowship, and if you have been forgiven once you can't be forgiven again for the same sin.

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

2And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

3Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

4He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.

5After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

6Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

7Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

8Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

9Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit:
    JESUS IS TELLING PETER THAT HE IS CLEAN AND NEEDETH NOT TO WASH AGAIN EXCEPT FOR HIS FEET. AS A CHRISTIAN GOES ABOUT HIS DAILY WALK THROUGH THIS WORLD HE SOMETIMES WILL SIN. SO WE NEED TO CONFESS OUR SINS BY ILLISTRATION A PERSON WASHING HIS FEET

#22 salzer mtn, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See example of david and peter, as BOTH of them were in sin, refused to confes it to the Lord immediantly. and suffered lost fellowship, broken situation, but when confessed, allowed god to retore their fellowship!

whena child of God does known sin, and refuses to confess/repent to the lord about it, will cause fellowship to 'go down the tubes!"

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I agree with all you said here. Of course it's lost fellowship, but it's a lot more as well.