1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Well a good morning to you, Barnabas! I go to bed with the sun and am up before the sun, lol. How can you start your day after the sun has risen? Yuk! There is one thing the LORD has blessed me with, and that is the favour of getting up early and enjoying my wonderful quart of bayou blend. I get much praying and thinkin' in... and much posting while everyone is sleeping, lol. Usually, the cat is outside with me on the swing, but this morning, the chubby thing stayed in my chair. If I'd let him, he would sleep all night and all day. It is now 5 o'clock here.

Enjoy your cup of coffee! :wavey:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

YAWN

Good morning all! Well, I worked 10 hours yesterday getting ready for our appreciation dinner for all who volunteered to work on the church's new addition (we've been building this addition for 3 years - for less than half of the cost if it was all done by professionals because WE did a lot of the work). It was a wonderful dinner where even the contractors that we DID hire were invited to come with their wives. What a wonderful dinner for about 250 people! I then stayed later after the dinner to work on the service for tomorrow which will be the dedication service for the addition. I still need to go back and do about an other hours' worth of work to finish up and add 2 more baby annoucements (why can't these women have their babies before Friday? LOL) I'm SHOT, I have to say.

So today will be doing laundry, heading out to the store to get some baby stuff (we'll go to the hospital to visit 2 new moms tonight or tomorrow) and then head out on the boat. It's a nice day today and tomorrow is due to be icky so we'll try to take advantage of the nice weather today.

Have a wonderful, beautiful, blessed day all!

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

All I have time to do this morning is make the coffee, maybe Rob will come in and fix breakfast.

We are driving to another Illinois town to hear Pastor Bob preach this morning, so I've got to get a move on.

Have a blessed day!
    §ue

4. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Did somebody say breakfast? Hmmm, just time to make something quick before church: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage & Bacon, and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Enjoy.

Gosh darn it Cuz! I was going to surprise you and jump out of your birthday cake, but I couldn't get the top of the cake off. HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY [again.]

Time to get ready for church.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, our building dedication was beautiful - especially when Pastor said "It's not the just the building that we're dedicating but we want to dedicate the church." and he had all of the families with young children come forward to be prayed for. What a great blessing to see the future church in these children!

But I'm shot. Nothing like finding out 5 minutes before the service that we're adding 7 songs! 7 songs!! 7 songs!!!!!! Normally with getting backgrounds for that many songs, it would take me over an hour and a half to two hours but I had 5 MINUTES!! YIKES!! But I pulled it off (found a plain cross background and used that for all of the songs). I DID shake through the whole service but I pulled it off. LOL MAN!! I'm going to finish my tea now and go shopping with Nicole. A little retail therapy will always help. :D

Happy birthday MK! I hope you have an awesome day!

6. I Am Blessed 24

We drove 40 miles (round trip) to hear Pastor Bob and his family sing several songs. He is preaching (as well as more singing) tonight. Not sure if we're gonna make it back or not.

The church folk had a dinner all ready for us after the services. There were 12 of our family there (including the four generations) and we had a great time.

The sermon was great too and everyone was so friendly! I even ran into a lady that I had lead to the lord about 20 years ago. The Pastor said she is a real soulwinner now.

We're going back next Sunday.

[​IMG]

CINDI!!!

#366 I Am Blessed 24, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Howdy Everyone!

Thank you all for the birthday greetings.

I told my children that since I was getting so old that I needed more than one day to celebrate in. :D

I had my B'day dinner on Friday night. We ate at Ryan's. Chris wanted to know why we were eating there (since we don't very often). The real answer was that it was convenient, there were 6 of us to feed, and this way everyone would find something they wanted to eat cause I didn't plan on hearing the words "Mom, I'm hungry!" for the rest of the evening. The answer I gave him was "because they'll sing happy birthday to me before I leave!" :laugh: I gotta learn to watch my mouth, cause the servers really did sing to me before I left. :laugh:

Yesterday (my actual birthday), I got freshly mowed grass, in spite of the fact that our lawn mower is currently kaput. (no, I didn't mow it myself) And we did various things like work on Cass' car (also currently kaput) and clipped shurbs (I did clip the shrubs) and run around looking for parts so T could attempt to fix everything. Mostly though, I laid around and didn't accomplish a whole lot of anything! I also got birthday money, but I'm holding on to that until I can go look at the Webkins at the drugstore downtown. (They are cheaper down there!) We grilled steak for supper and ate the Reese cups that Cass bought me for my b'day for dessert.

Today, I slept in. My body attacked me for clipping those hedges so church was out of the question. Cass is making my birthday cake. Chocolate with chocolate ganach and praline icing. MMMMMmmmm. She has the cake baked already and it smells so good I could eat it without the icing! Smoked sausage, hotdogs and fries will round out the menu, since I'm still celebrating and just don't really feel like I should have to cook.

Ya'll have a good afternoon and evening!

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good Morning Glories! [​IMG]

Time to do that Monday morning shoppin'... ain't got much time to spare online. We are gonna hit all the discount stores today... including Wal-Mart, lol. Kacie needs to pick up some fabirc. I need to pick of some things I am out of...and Granny Gumbo informed me of some new stUff we like over at the Dollar Tree...and I'll be the first one in line this morning.

Hope y'all have a great day~ see ya when I get back, jack. :D

9. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Howdy do! It was an extra magnificent day today~ "ugh-huh~ugh-huh"! :laugh:

I believe that a Monroe day is in the works for Kacie, Granny Gumbo, Lori Beth, the boys and I...planned for Sunday after church...gotta stock up on some stUff we can't get here in Winnsboro. We are gonna go see Granny's sis' too! She was the cafeteria lady that I loved so dearly in Kindergarten and first grade... Kacie loved her too. We both remember her well. Granny says she spoiled me...I always asked her (her sis') to pick the "burnt" (or too dark) corn flakes out of my cereal because I would not eat them, lol. She did it too...and Granny says that she would come home and say...."there is the cutest big-blue-eyed lil' boy with hair down to here (my eyes) and is the most adorable thing I ever saw!" <----- ~said with our southern accent~ She also has two HUMONGOUS cats... weighing in over 45 pounds each. Think I should bring them some KFC beforehand, lol? Billy and Bubba are their names, I think.

I am ready to sign off the computer for the day... hope you had a good one. See ya in the morning. Say your prayers.

10. menageriekeeper

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are going smocking at the church today. This afternoon really, cause I gotta deal with a small problem first.

Ya'll missed it last week. We were tatooing t-shirts at VBS. They were really cool and I think we will do it again next year cause the kids really enjoyed it. Lifeway(or who ever) has come up with a t-shirt transfer that the kids color and the adults iron on to a white t-shirt. After we all got the hang of how to do it they turned out great! One of the first graders came up the idea that it was a tatoo for a t-shirt! We made over a hundred of them. (just upstairs in the 1st thru 6th grades)

This morning I'm pretty much vegetating cause the house is clean (did that yesterday) and I'm just feeling kinda lazy. I do have to call for a part we need for Cass' car. I don't think we have found the exact thing that is wrong with it, but maybe eventually we'll figure it out. Everything we've done so far needed to be done to it anyway, so we aren't wasting time/money on things unneeded.

Ya'll have a good day!

11. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

* WHEW * the last 24 hours have been a beaut!

My MIL went into the hospital with chest pains, and a heaviness in the chest. Her doc has scheduled a heart catheterization for tomorrow.

The Gkids Mom lives across the street from us [with her boyfriend] and the Gkids kind of migrate back and forth between the two houses, but they live and eat with us. One of their dogs got hit by a car last night, and had to be put down this morning.

Some friends of ours told us about a house that we should look at. It has 3 bedrooms, and a large finished basement [which could become 2 more bedrooms], is in the right price range and overlooks a small lake. We'll have to call our Realtor to schedule a visit to look it over. After what happened last time, we're not getting excited about anything too quickly.

I brought in Southwest Eggs Benedict with Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce, Orange Pancakes with Vanilla-Orange Syrup, and Cranberry-Almond Crumb Muffins. Enjoy.

Going to run up to the hospital for awhile, and then the Gkids want to go down the slip 'n slide this afternoon. Papa got them some water balloons that look and feel like grenades so they want to try them out [hopefully not on Papa.]

12. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

~Good Mornin' Y'all~

Some exciting things have been happening in my life lately and I haven't had the time to actually sit down and post other than my daily scripture. We have finally gotten some much needed rain here in the south, but not enough to get by with. I think we have another good chance of showers today... even throughout the weekend. The rain and cloud cover have cooled things off tremendously! It has been extremely hot lately. I supply with cats with ice in their water... hoping to cool their tongues on such a hot day. They usually find something to crawl under and stay cool.

Have a great day, friends... :wavey:

13. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Brother Shane scootin' around in here.... "sure is quiet!" Sue... where are ya, Sister?! Ain't seen you in decades... how's Gayla? :cool:

14. I Am Blessed 24

I'm here, Shane! :)

Been packing up things that Brent left here when he moved back with his mother. we are taking a truck load down to him in Missouri tomorrow.

No update on Gayla yet. She is still in the hospital.

15. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

[​IMG]

Good mornin'! I do not think my night's sleep could have been any better...other than maybe a lil' warmer and not as cold. Other than that, I slept all the way through and this morning.. feel as if my body is rested and ready to take on the day.....NOT! :laugh:

Sue, thanks for letting me know "something!" Have a safe trip down there to Missouri...you'll be two states on top of me! I have always been thankful living with my grandmother and grandfather. She never considered me not moving in when I asked...and I ain't never considered leaving, lol. "Count your many blessings..."

Looks like we're goin' to warm up (from 80s to middle 90s) today and miss our chance of rain. I think it is going to rain on Sunday...the day we're going to Monroe. I sure pray that we'll have a safe trip over there...we're so excited! I can not wait to hit the coffee isles over here~ oh yessssssssss.. I'm getting myself excited!

Have a wunnerful day y'all... the coffee is made and ready sip...sip.....sip.....ahhhh.....that's good stUff!!!

16. menageriekeeper

Good Morning!

We have plums to make jam out of today. Mmmm, I love homemade jam. TLB's going to get an experience cause she's never made any. :D We carried our kids over to a friend's house last night and got the last of the plums off her tree. It was a first for Tanya's kids and I think we all had a blast, even getting splattered with overripe plums as they fell out of the tree! :laugh:

Then we raided her garden (after all, we were there, why not make a night of it!) and got enough beans and corn for both of us to feed our families. Do you know Tanya has never cooked fresh beans????

Our friends also made Cass happy by giving her a mess of grape tomatoes. Cass said she loved God for creating them and she loved Mrs. D for growing them! She ate half of them last night and saved the rest for her lunch today.

I have to make a run to Wally World for jars and pectin. I also want to run out to my parents and see about the blueberries. Normally I'd call first but they must be at their lake place cause I'm not getting an answer. Of course it could be that I called to late last night or to early this morning! Retired folk don't keep the same hours I do!

Ya'll have a great day!

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure how much I'll be here in the next few days because we SHOULD be going on vacation on Sunday (weather permitting - we're going on the boat so t-storms means we stay for a bit). My oldest is also graduating from high school on Sunday so we're pretty busy. :)

We'll be back around July 7th or so. If you don't hear from me, call out the Coast Guard! We'll be somewhere in Long Island Sound. :D

Have a wonderful week and a half everyone!

18. menageriekeeper

Have fun Ann and tell your daughter congratulations!

19. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congrats to your daughter, Ann! And have fun on your vacation. We want to see pictures when you get back! :wavey:

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Kacie and I hit all kinds of stores today after lunch at Granny Gumbo's house with her family. She is a fantastic cook! I got a recipe from her... a peach cobbler mix. I combined that with another peach cobbler mix I use...and am baking it now. Ain't nothin' like a warm bowl of peach cobbler to go to bed on (which is soon), lol. I'm still swiggin' that sweet southern iced tea.

Tomorrow will be the calm before the storm...Sunday is going to be an extremely busy day. Kacie is so excited about goin' to Monroe...she can't stand it! We are going after church... and Granny is bringing along tuna fish sandwiches. It's quite a drive over there, but we gots plenty of planning to do before we step foot in Monroe.

Got some new coffee today...gonna try it in the morning. I think I'll mix it in with some of my bayou blend. Y'all enjoy your afternoon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.