1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Snow in Alabama?? And I thought Sue and I had all the fun with the white stuff. No wonder we haven't heard much from my Cuz and Tanya, they're probably still in shock. Maybe there is enough snow for them to go outside and make snow angels, and throw snowballs.

Not much going on here. The flu has made 2 or 3 trips through the family. Seems like we just get one of the Gkids well and back to school then they come home sick again. :BangHead:

Ann: You're in my prayers Sis.

In sympathy for our snowed-on Southern sisters I brought in Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Enjoy.

Time to go to the store, and the pharmacy, and... you get the idea.

#61 Friend of God, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Somewhere, Cuz, locked in my son's camera are pics of the snow angels made in our weekend, softball canceling, snow. Once we get them off, I'll post them.

I'm still alive and still busy as a bee. I'll be around more often in a few weeks.

See ya'll later!

3. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Top 'O The Mornin' To Ya!,

It is 25 degrees and sunny here, headed for a high of 42, thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow.

I thought in honor of the holiday I'd bring in Green Eggs and Ham, but; on second thought I guess I'll stick to Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. We'll just say that this breakfast comes from Southern Ireland okay? :laugh:

Has anybody heard anything from my Cuz or Tanya? The storms that are racing throught the South lately are scary to say the least. Praying that everybody is safe and sassy.

The Gkids have conferences today so they'll keep us busy.

May you be in heaven a half-hour before the devil knows your dead.
    Ancient Irish Prayer

4. menageriekeeper

I'm here Cuz!

This week is spring break for my public schooled kids. It won't be calm though! I'll have Cade for the week starting this evening (I keep telling his parents they might as well just give me custody and come visit, he's here so often. ;) ).

Jenna is sick and pouty because she says it's not fair that she is sick over spring break. She gets one more day to break the fever (high on Friday and parts of Saturday, low grade yesterday and this morning) or she's going to the doctor. She doesn't really have any other symptoms or she'd have been there already. How sick can a kid be that feels like playing basketball with her brother while running a temp of 101.7? :confused:

On top of that it's still prom and pageant season and Easter. I have a dress to finish the smocking on, one to hem and I've been pegged to help make 27 outfits for the high school choir concert by April 5!

So, I'll be on sometimes and not sometimes.

The storms all went around us but blessed us with much needed rain. After last years drought we need every drop!

Ya'll enjoy your St. Patrick's day!

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good morning everyone! It's quiet in here, huh?

Well, I'm just doing some homeschooling this morning and some house cleaning then DH and I are off to see Charlie Hall in NY City. I'm looking forward to it! DH has been in touch with his band for the last few years and they got a hold of him last week inviting us to come. Should be fun - a night out with DH by ourselves!

Not much else going on here other than I'm now a mom of an 18 year old. MAN, I'm not ready for that! LOL! It's amazing how fast that happens! And not only am I dealing with an 18 year old but my little one has her first loose tooth. How weird is that? LOL!

Well, have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for the breakfast Rob! It was yummy!

6. menageriekeeper

Good grief Ann! How'd you let that happen??????

:laugh:

Now, you want to know what I read the first time through your post? "I'm now the mom of an 18 year old man." :laugh: Dylexia can be so much fun! I wondered for a moment how I'd missed you had an older son. :eek:

All right now everyone. Cover your ears so I can wail and cry.

Jenna has the flu!!!!!!! [​IMG]

We've already done the flu here. I don't wanna do it again. Waaaaaa! Not to mention, I'm not feeling to spiffy myself. Then again, 3 hours at the docs office tends to do that. When I called they wanted us to come today because it being spring break, half the docs are off and the other half are going to be off.

GGGGrrrrrr! I'm going to go hem a dress that needs to go out this week before I decide I'm to sick to work. <sniff>

7. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

It is 40 degrees and raining here, with storms forecast for later today, and snow flurries for tonight. I've never understood Michigan weather and never will.

Easy Cuz, take a deep breath and let it out s-l-o-w-l-y. Close your eyes and imagine yourself relaxing with your favorite book, a tall glass of sweet tea, and all the time to do whatever you want. That's about as close as I can come to prescribing some stress relief. Kids do get better, gowns do get finished, and this 'ol rock keeps spinnin' through space. Even if it seems it's going to stop any minute.

Wanna really feel bad Ann? I'm the father of a 36-year-old and a 34-year-old. Now if that doesn't rock 'yer boat nothing will. Good thing I'm only 21 and you're only 18[ in our dreams of course.]

The Gkids came through their conferences with flying colors, and No they didn't get that from me either. I was one of those unlucky souls who had to work like a dog for every grade I got.

In honor of their good conferences I made them Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Potatoes, Cheddar Biscuits, and Tropical Dream Cake for dinner last night.

Time to hit the ground running. :laugh:

8. menageriekeeper

What are conferences, Cuz? When you first mentioned it I thought it might be some sort of competition like our Scholar's Bowl. Now I'm not so sure.

One thing I am sure about: My kids are way smarter than I was at their ages.

I think I have Jenna's flu. bleck. I gotta say though, if this is flu, I don't feel nearly as bad as I did with the cold I had a couple of weeks back. If it weren't for the fact I'm running a fever, I wouldn't really know I was sick. More than anything I just want to go to sleep. I've considered indulging myself and doing just that, but I think I'll wait til this afternoon and get a bit of sewing done first.

Jenna, bless her heart, coughed half the night and ran fever the other half. Might be why I'm so tired. She says she wants to get up and play, but then she's back in the bed the next second. Our version of this is so different from the last round that I'm afraid Chris and Cass are going to come down with it.

I'm thinking that if we're not much better by the weekend we're going to skip Easter. I can't see exposing the world this stuff and Easter Sunday is always so crowded. (folding chairs in the aisle crowded)

I think I'll go be productive for a little while. Ya'll have a good (non-flu) day.

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

It is 46º here and the fog is as thick as pea soup! We have a fog warning out until 2:00 this afternoon.

Shawna was going to head back to MO this morning, but the visibility on the Interstate is near zero, so she is waiting a bit.

As of April 24th, I will be the mother of a 47 year old. Yikes! Time flies when you're getting old... I can't be that old though. Please remember that I got married when I was in kindergarten. ;)

I am trying to recoop from the flu. I was so sick yesterday that I couldn't even think about cooking my annual corned beef and cabbage dinner. I don't think I will try today either. :(

HAGD all. I'm heading back to the couch.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ick!! The FLU?? We've avoided it here, thank God! Nicole is the only one who's been sick this winter and she gets these illnesses that just make her tired and give her a headache and sore throat - or a stomach bug. Otherwise, the rest of us have been healthy!

Rob - You bet your bippy that I'm only 18! ;) DH and I went to see Charlie Hall (he's with the Passion ministry that also Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman are with) last night and we were 2 of the oldest people there. It was funny talking to the drummer (who just got married) and the keyboard player (who has his first child) and realizing just how old we really are! LOL! But it was a nice night and it was good to see the band (their worship was great and we know the guys so it was good to see them again when we've been corresponding online for the past 2 years since we last saw them). We had a great night with dinner at South Street Seaport then the concert. It was nice to get out and do something different.

Today will be another homeschooling/housework day. I'm also bringing dinner to a friend who has a new baby so I'll bring Chicken Pot Pie, salad, and some cookies for dessert. I'll make the same for us.

11. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cuz, Conferences are what we used to call Parent-Teacher Conferences.
    The Gkids have been having some problems academically[ fancy word for skoole-see, I told you they were smarter 'n me, don't take much though.] and they have made a lot of progress this term.

Ann & Sue - Look at the bright side, all we have to do now is live long enough to be a problem to our children. Shouldn't be hard should it? The only problem is we still have to be nice to our kids, after all they'll pick our Nursing Homes won't they? The sad thing is when they read about how David mugged Goliath and then ask me if I'm the one who called the cops.

Tonight is Slow-Cooker Orange Chicken, [Gkids have Cheesy Volcanoes instead], Corn Souffle, Biscuits, and Banana-Sour Cream Cake for dessert.

Insanity is truly heriditary, you get it from your kids. :laugh:

#71 Friend of God, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  12. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I sure would like to have some of that right now! Could you toss me some, Rob? [​IMG]

Hope everyone is safe. I know many of you are getting the rain we've been having the past few days. Couple inches here already with a few more to come. Enjoy family time indoors and stay dry!

HAGD all! :wavey:

13. country girl

country girl New Member

Hey this is a good place to visit. The foods listed sure makes me hungry. That Banana-Sour cream cake sounds great,Friend of God , would you mind sharing that recipe with me? Thanks Mercedes

14. menageriekeeper

Hey Mercedes! Welcome to the Coffee House.

Over in the women's public forum is a recipe list, that FoG posts to quite often. The recipe you want may be there.

Good Morning Everyone!

Seems like I have the flu, now, with little doubt. I've got the whole sore throat, fever, cough sort of thing. Still trying to move some, though. Four kids in the house doen't leave much time for being sick!

Ya'll have a good day.

15. country girl

country girl New Member

Thanks I'll try to find it. Hope ypur flu gets better soon, Our family has already been there and are better. Have a good day.

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Welcome Mercedes. Good to meet you. I promise I'll post the recipe to the Banana-Sour Cream Cake tomorrow in the Recipes thread.

Menageriekeeper and I each laughingly call each other Cuz [primarily because nobody else would probably claim us.] She is a Master Seamstress and an expert at making gowns, dresses, etc. I, on the other hand, am an itinerent cook, who tries to cook different things as therapy for my depression. From time-to-time I 'bring" virtual meals to the coffeehouse. The nice thing about virtual food is that it's calorie-free, sugar-free, and carb-free. My Cuz and I have as much fun as normal people, as you'll see when you visit the Coffeehouse.

Not too much going around here today.My Daughter and I braved the stores today so she could get her eyes examined and get new contact lenses, and I could shop for Easter dinner. Nothing fantastic this year just Turkey [I lucked into finding a 24.75 lb turkey!!:thumbs: ], potatoes, vegetables, biscuits, salads, and pies. This might explain why I haven't had time to post the recipe.

Believe it or not we have a Winter Storm Warning again for tomorrow. Up to 6" of snow is forecast with high winds for drifting, another 4-6" is forecast for Saturday. And I was looking forward to a nice spring day this sunday. * Ahem * I was also looking forward to being rich and handsome too. I can't win for losing. :laugh:

Time to set the table for dinner. Tonight is Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs, Waffles, Bacon ,Sausage, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Dessert is Deep-dish Blueberry Pie.

You know, I almost didn't join the Baptist Board. I didn't know if I wanted to belong to something that would have someone like me for a member. :smilewinkgrin:

17. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

It is 32 degree here with light snow. Our Winter Storm Advisory is on it's way.

Has anybody heard anything from Sue since she posted that she had the flu? Praying that you feel better. :praying:

Seems like everybody in our county has the flu, and this type goes into bronchitis quick. Even my Cuz is feelin' poorly. You're in my thoughts and prayers Cuz. Please get better quick. :praying:

Mercedes: I finally got the Banana-Sour Cream Cake recipe posted. Click on this link to find it. http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=121085#post1201 I also posted the recipe to Ham and Sweet Potato Salad. We're going to try it with Easter dinner.

Our Good Friday Service is tonight. I understand the reason for having the service at night, but it still seems funny not to have it in the afternoon.

Time to start doing some prep on what we're having for Easter Sunday. If I don't I'll be running in 10 different directions at once trying to get everything done. Been there done that. :BangHead:

18. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello all,

I'm here, Rob! I went out for the first time yesterday. I had to buy ingredients for my Easter dinner or I would have stayed home.

I think I'm over the flu. PTL! It is 52º here and we're expecting rain, but none of that white stuff...I don't think.

Here is the correct link for the Banana-Sour Cream Cake.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=38358&page=5

I'm making a 'bunny' cake, decorated chocolate and peanut butter eggs, and some Easter cookies for dessert Sunday.

I'm doing laundry today, so I must go get it done before I wear out. I am still fairly weak from 2 bouts of the flu, back-to-back and I'm having 7 for dinner Sunday.

HAGD all!
    §ue

19. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to hear you're felling better Sue. I was worried about you.

Thanks for fixing the link for the Banana-Sour Cream Cake. These darn new-fangled things get me sometimes.

I returned a chainsaw because they advertised that it would cut 10 cords of wood, and I couldn't get it to cut more than 2. The salesman looked it over, threw the switch and pulled the cord. "What's that sound?" I said. New-Fangled contraptions. :laugh:

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey everyone! I'm stopping in for a quick cup of coffee while we are in between our Good Friday pastors' breakfast and having to run back for the Good Friday service. Rob - we have a service at 4 and 7 so you can pick afternoon or evening over here. :D We have to be there around 2, though - because Bob has to get his music and sounds together (he has the sound effects on his computer), the girls have to run through their dance one last time and I will fire up MY computer for the graphics. Should be a good afternoon/evening.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.