1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #32

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 22, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

A trellis would be really neat! I had one on the end of a garage in our last home and it was so very pretty. You can buy the plastic heavy trellis at Home Depot prepainted. Never rot or break....

I have almost 1 1/2 hours to go so that means ONE MORE viewing of Finding Nemo. My fire is going out in the stove and since it's such work to restart it and the store is closed until Wednesday I'll just brave the chill. I'm so very ready to go home.

Jim finally got Nick inside and showered. They're going to eat without me and study their Sunday School lesson.....

Diane

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Diane,

I hope the time passes quickly for you. I am still praying for Jim's job situation.

God Bless

Sheila

3. following-Him

Diane...I forgot to mention, that Frog Museum isn't too far away from us, LOL. Maybe it is somewhere we could take the grandchildren.

Blessings

Sheila

4. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Well, I'm certainly open to suggestions about what to grow on a trellis...vines I know, but not familiar with loganberries! What kind of vines? I would love to have honeysuckle on it because it smells so wonderful, but don't know if I'm into fighting off the bees it would attract!!

Diane, maybe your boss will call and tell you to close up early!! [​IMG]

So what are your guys having for dinner?

I need to study my S.S. lesson soon also. Tomorrow will be my last Sunday in the ladies class I attend...after that, I am going back to work in children's S.S. (Yep, I'm a servant, but I'm also a glutton for punishment!! [​IMG] )

[​IMG] CJ

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks so much Sheila! He has an interview this Tuesday and one on Monday but he's not even sure what that company does. We appreciate your prayers!

I guess it's almost bedtime for you! Sleep well!

Diane

6. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

LOL!!! Sheila, didn't you mention one time that Leo was trying to make you go to bed?? Now looks like Diane is!!! [​IMG]

You may stay up as long as you wish!!! We love your company!! :D

CJ

7. following-Him

Thank you Diane.

CJ, I was actually thinking of grapes. I am one who like my plants to have a use as far as possible and I happen to like grapes.

Loganberries are my favourite soft fruit. The are a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry. We have them growing in the garden here and they are delicious. They can be eaten much the same as raspberries or blackberries, with cream or ice-cream or cooked in crumbles or jams and they freeze well too.

go here to see picture of loganberries:

http://www.scripophily.net/gianlogpos.html

8. following-Him

LOL, thank you CJ. Leo has given up for tonight I think. He is in his basket beside me. I will be turning in shortly tho.

It seems very quiet here today. Where is everyone ?

Sheila

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey! Not trying to rush you! I'll be shutting down here in a minute to do my closing up chores and didn't want to miss saying good night! Isn't it after 11:00 there?

So.... I need to wash the coffee pots, empty the trash, close down the cash drawer, vacuum the place and shut down all the t.v.'s which are showing Finding Nemo for the 5th time now.... The owner doesn't ask me to do any of that but I feel so bad sitting here even if it's only for $6.00 an hour.

Night Sheila and I'll see the rest of you after I get home from work!

Diane

10. following-Him

Good Night Diane,

God Bless

Sheila

11. following-Him

CJ,

I am off to bed now,

Good Night and God Bless

Sheila

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I'm home so no more Finding Nemo tonight! I'm so very tired. Doing nothing can be very draining!

[​IMG]

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hey Everyone!

Hubby laid down this afternoon to take a nap, so I decided to grab the recliner. I just woke up! I think I am finally caught up on my rest!

Now, I have to figure out something to cook for supper...

CJ: I am planting a climatis vine on my trellis this year. My mother always had one growing and they are beautiful! They come in different colors, but I like the purple!

[​IMG]

Diane: Glad you got your day at work over with. You watching "Nemo" sounds like me watching "Paulie" when Brent is here. He loves that movie and I do too. The guy that plays 'Monk' stars in it.

Off to scour the kitchen for food!

§ue (awake and hungry now!)

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I wondered where you were Sue! I wish I could load AIM at work but ..... the owner has a block on adding any programs so I'll respect his wishes.

Those vines are just beautiful. I love the Trumpet Vines, Mandavilles and Jasmine too.

I found some neat graphic sites at work off Google. I'd never seen them before. By moving the words around, different sites came up! Now I can't remember which I used. I saw some gorgeous Sue signatures on a French page!

[​IMG]

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Now, Diane! You should have written the URL down for me because...

[​IMG]

16. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Sheila - two observations!

1. You getting good at double posting.

2. Don't put your office in the greenhouse - cause if you do - you'll never study - you be playing with your plants!

:D :D ;)

Dan - just trying to be helpful (again) :rolleyes:

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like watching A Bugs Life on Disney tonight was appropo to the disucssions I've missed all day.

18. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Are you trying to tell us that you eat bugs - like the frogs do?

Dan - it's late - and you never know what'll come out of my mouth when I'm tired!

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is late and I'm speaking 3 times tomorrow so am turning in early as well.

And Dan, you're beginning to bug me.

OH NO, DON'T GO THERE AGAIN . . . :eek: :eek:

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow! I missed all the fun last night. You all were busy with all kinds of talks after I went to bed, albeit early.

Good Lord's Day morning to you all anyhow. It is just about freezing here right now (0C, 32F [​IMG] )but the forecast fir MUCH colder over the next few days. Our part of Ireland is on the edge of the winter strom so we may or may not get hit. Our son in N. Ireland looks like he will get a good bit of snow.

Would appreciate your prayers. Our children's and teen work are flourishing, but our little chuch plant continues to struggle. Everytime we get a little group started something seems to "happen" and folks move away and things like that. We've been in Naas for almost 6 years now and I go through times of discouragement at the lack of visible results. Not desperate or anything here, but would appreciate you dear friends praying for us.

Roger