1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #33

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 27, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It was a truck filled with carpet fibers and the fire caused the release of Hydrogen Cyanide! Wow! They've said, if you go out and can smell anything funny to go back inside but right at the scene, the threat is gone. It's only in enclosed areas where the fumes would kill you!

I'm hoping, since I'm heading in the opposite direction, that the interstate won't be closed when I leave in an hour. Our friend from church is the Fire Chief. His wife just cleaned my teeth yesterday. Glad all our firemen were safe!

I knew it was only a teeny bit big Sue, but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers if I could help it! [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Just got to work and the fire in the corn stove had gone out. The last person here had set fuel to 0.... The thermometer on the wall only goes to 50° and it's as low as it can GO! YIKES. Thankfully I had brought a little personal heater with me so I can at least keep part of me warm!

[​IMG]Diane

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy, all, from the mountains. Hey, I know it's cold but don't start the whole COUNTRYSIDE on fire! Wow. Some story.

Bad night for me, but no need for an organ recital. Today is a new day and lots to do, so we move on. Won't have much time on the BB until late, but may take brief breaks and jump in here or there.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wow, Sorry to hear you had a bad night Dr. Bob. We pray for you by name every night.

I just went back to check and the stove had gone out again! In less than 45 minutes! Hmmmm....

Diane

5. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been doing other things in the evening, so I missed "lurking" in the coffeehouse lately.

Great to hear about Nick, Diane! It's so precious when they come to you and just matter-of-factly tell you "I prayed to ask Jesus into my heart." Well, "train up a child in the way he should go..."! Hope your hubby gets the job he feels better about.

Also, it seems like we're getting a new pastor. He is 'candidating" Sunday, but most of the folk already know him from his work in the neighborhood with American Missionary Fellowship, an independent board (used to be American Sunday School Union AMF link ). Actually, he'll be coming on as pastor under their sponsorship, and they'll be sharing in his salary and providing the health benefits.
    He's got lots of new ideas for outreach, and he's from Puerto Rico, and so now we will have someone who knows Spanish! Very useful in a neighborhood that is 45% Hispanic.
    Praise the Lord! May he grant us the grace to dive in to a more active place in the community. It's scares me, but it's also exciting!

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Debby that sounds GREAT! We have a young Hispanic Minister who preaches to the non-English speaking members during regular service. The children are in with their school friends but many parents just don't know enough English to keep up so we're able to miniter that way. We have very few Hispanic in the community but usually have about 16-30 adults in that group!

I can't wait to meet our 'new pastor'.... whomever he may be.... but I do really, really enjoy the great sermons Dr. George shares with us each Sunday.

Diane

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Afternoon All!

WOW! We're having a heatwave! It's UP to 9ºF!!! :rolleyes:

It is snowing again and the sidewalks, streets, and my car are all covered again... <sigh> I do get tired of digging out!

I only had about 8 kids cross this morning as opposed to the usual 40-50. This is a GOOD thing as I hate to see them walk when it is so cold. Frostbite is not fun.

What is everyone up to this afternoon? Looks like everyone is busy doing their own thing.

§ue (just had a [​IMG] )

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey.... I want a nap too! LOL

I'm watching a truck stuck on the RR Tracks and keeping warm. Oh... He's moving. I think he'll remember THIS crossing for a LONG time!

Boy Sue, I guess you're about ready to pull out your Easter Bonnet if it's up to 9°. YIKES! I think it's cold here and it's up to mid 30's°. Oh well, I'd rather have winter than summer anyday!

I don't think I could enjoy a vacation in a hot climate. Does it get hot in Hawaii? I didn't even like Florida! Georgia is too hot for me!

Is this YOU, Sue?
    [​IMG] Diane

9. Karen

Karen Active Member

Bless your generous heart [​IMG] , but HOW did my kid get to IL so fast? ;)
    It is COLD here, and like always he insisted on just wearing his hooded fleece pullover. At least he didn't have to walk.

Karen

10. mark brandwein

mark brandwein New Member

Good afternoon, the weather here in Florida is getting a little warmer. It reached 75 today. I hope all of you Northern folk remember to dress warm. I know it gets mighty chilly up there. I hope everyone is having a great day. God Bless.

11. I Am Blessed 24

Diane: That picture is how I FEEL! When it is this cold, all you can see of me on the corner is my eyes! [​IMG]

Karen: You can tell these kids don't have much. Even the hooded sweatshirt this little boy wears is ragged and dirty. His sister wears these little thin canvas tennis shoes, and no socks, in 6" of snow!

I would love to bring them home with me!

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I tried to find a crossing guard snowwoman but that was as close as I could come! LOL

Karen, I remember having to chase my kids out the door to make them put on coats when we lived in Ct. It's not COOL to wear a coat!

Hi Mark! You're nice and toasty warm today, aren't you?

Diane

13. I Am Blessed 24

This would be me Diane >>> [​IMG]

I put a roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot this morning. It smells sooo good! I made sugar-free French Vanilla pudding and sprinkled nutmeg on it and we have cold slaw left from last night so I am all set! [​IMG]

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sue,

Can you e-mail a plate of that dinner??

15. I Am Blessed 24

I would love to Roger, but it gets my screen all gooey! [​IMG]

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

YUM! Me too, Sue! I'll turn on the fax if you can just send it that way.
    [​IMG]

Hubby will cook for us tonight since I'm here working. Something pasta for sure. LOL Oh wait, I do have pork chops thawed out so he may grill those. He likes to cook on the grill even when it's 30°.
    [​IMG]

17. I Am Blessed 24

By the time I get my car cleaned off, it will be time to go to the corner.

See y'all later!

TTFN!
    [​IMG]
    §ue (brrrrrrrr)

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh, I sure hope you're home and warm by now Sue! I hate being cold!

So what's everyone else doing tonight? I guess there's 2 CSI's on tonight but they're both reruns.

Diane

19. I Am Blessed 24

Whew! They called school off tomorrow because of the cold temp and wind chill tonight. I am SO glad! Mean temp -5º tonight. -25º windchill! Only getting UP to 0º tomorrow!

DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS ON TAP TONIGHT OVER CNTL IL.

A VERY COLD AIRMASS WILL ONCE AGAIN SPREAD INTO CNTL IL TONIGHT. MOST AREAS WILL SEE LOW TEMPS TONIGHT BELOW ZERO ALONG WITH NORTH WINDS BETWEEN 10 & 15 MPH. THIS WILL CAUSE WIND CHILL VALUES TO DIP INTO THE -15 TO -25 DEGREE RANGE.

It is still snowing 'to beat the band'. I have shoveled three times today...the rest is up to hubby!

§ue (glad to be home and toasty warm)

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

WOW, Sue! I'm glad they've called off school! That's TOO cold!

The owner was in and our dear friend from church was there to meet with him. I asked to leave a little early. I've had a tummy ache for part of the day and feel like I might be getting that virus a lot of the children have had. Hope not but it's something that only lasts a short time. I was really afraid I'd get sick before getting home but I did make it. I didn't eat anything today. Just didn't get around to it before leaving and didn't take anything with me either.

Going to find something to eat now. Keep Warm!
    Diane