1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #35

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 7, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes and Kool-Aid.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

REMEMBER VALENTINE'S DAY IS ONLY A WEEK AWAY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    §ue

2. I Am Blessed 24

Last post from Coffee House #34...

Originally posted by computerjunkie:

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hi Sue,
    how are you today? [​IMG] . We have had a bright sunny day here, but it has started to turn quite cold now.

CJ,
    I am sorry to read about your brother. Please keep us updated and I will be praying.

Hugs and Blessings

Sheila

4. I Am Blessed 24

Hi Sheila;

I am doing fine. I have to go out and run some errands and I'm not liking that since I have to shovel the walk to get to the car and then clean the car off, but...such is winter this year in the midwest! :(

Hubby usually does that, but he worked five hours this morning with his cold and I don't want him outside anymore than he has to be.

Praying CJ. Please keep us posted.

[​IMG]
    §ue

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh C.J., I'm so sorry about your brother! Sure hope he'll be okay. Let us know as you hear anything.

Another crazy day here just worrying about no job, etc. Please keep us in prayer. I'm really overwhelmed with all this!

Diane

6. I Am Blessed 24

Take a deep breath Diane! Put the praise music on! Count all the times God has come through for you! God is still in control and your worrying isn't going to do anything but make you miserable. :(

Interstates are clear and Laurie and grands are on their way. They should be here shortly. I will not be posting until early tomorrow morning as I want to spend as much time with them as I can.

Play nice while I'm gone!

[​IMG]
    §ue

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sue, I'm so out of it that I can't think straight. My stomach hurts so badly. Every 'what if' there is comes rushing through my head!

Someone dented the rear quarter of Jim's car too. We have a $500. deductible so it'll have to stay that way. It happened when he was up in N.C. He noticed it when he got home.

Diane

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Diane,

I know you know this, but just a brotherly reminder -

Be careful (I love the KJV word there - full of care)for nothing.

How?

In everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving (thats the key I am finding).

Do what?

Let your requests be made known unto God.

The result?

The peace of God that passes all understanding SHALL keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.

Jim may still be searching, the dent will still be there, but the peace of God will reign!

I am not preaching Diane, but sharing valuable things the Lord has been teaching me lately. I know the sick stomach feeling. Praying for you.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I know, Roger. I'm trying and trying to figure out how I can solve this and it's totally out of our power.

Thanks for the reminder. We sent out some resumes today but not many new jobs pop up on the weekend. Thanks for the prayers too.

Diane

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Understand the feeling I always want to figure out our struggles - thats when I blow it.

Just think of the blessings you will be able to share when you come through the other side!

And the rejoicing here in the House [​IMG]

11. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

The verse from Philippians Roger quoted is one of my very favorite verses! I quote and meditate upon it often! Another verse I use when I am anxious about something is

1 Peter 5:6-7: "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting ALL your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

In my Bible study this semester, our memory verse for this week is

Zeph. 3:17: "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Diane, I know it is easy for us to encourage you with scripture; however, it is not always as easy to get it from your head to your heart! But God loves for us to quote His word back to Him...He takes great delight in us!

Praying for God to quiet your spirit with His love today.

CJ

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Nahum 1v7 - my favourite verse

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knoweth them that trust in Him

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Its gone very quiet here in the house so I think I set my eyes toward the bed and read a little Pilgims Progress.

Good night to all!

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Night Roger! I've got to cook some supper for my boys. See you after church tomorrow!

Diane

15. following-Him

Good Night Roger, God Bless.

CJ, Is there any news of your brother?

Blessings

Sheila

16. following-Him

Good Night everyone, God Bless

Sheila ...hopefully [​IMG] tonight [​IMG]

17. computerjunkie

Well, you're probably [​IMG] by now, but just in case you're still around...

'night, Sheila!!! [​IMG]

Haven't heard from my bro and sil so far...but emergency rooms can take HOURS. Also makes me think they haven't sent him home yet...much to his chagrin, I'm sure.

CJ

18. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Good evening all,

Jan and I vegged out all afternoon - that is - after I did the dishes again - and she didn't even cook for me today.

Well - I guess she's got me trained.

Dan - with dishpan hands! :eek:

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

or MAYBE she's wanting a Dish Washer, Dan!

Any word, C.J., on your brother?

Diane

20. computerjunkie

I talked to him this afternoon while he was still in the ER. They DID determine he has a blood clot in his leg, so they are keeping him for awhile. I just now got off the phone with my sil, and they finally got him to a room about a half hour ago.

So, as soon as I get out of church tomorrow morning, I will go over there and spend some time with them. Depending on how they treat the clot, he could be there for a week or so.

It's been a really long day, so I think I'll turn in for the night. Will "talk" to you guys tomorrow, but it will be late tomorrow afternoon or evening. Thanks for your prayers.

CJ [​IMG]